• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved New year, new things forgotten.

BIGLLC

Pick'em
I've forgotten what these are:

Lock Date.
The Game lock date is used so that you can lock EARLY games (like Thursday night games) and still let users set sat, sun, mon games etc.
I'm not sure what the universal lock date actually does for the week. I have been setting it to 10PM on the last day of the week/round.

I want users to be able to tip each game of the round, up until the start of that game.

Survivor.
I assume this is pick one winner each week, if they lose you're out. Last person in wins. Single, double, triple means you get 0, 1 or 2 extra chances/lives?

Any doco on this would help, as the existing knockout comps have some rules that might not be compatible with the system - like not choosing the same team two weeks in a row etc.

Contextual info.
Compared to version 1, you seem to be missing lots of the old contextual info explaining what each field does. It's a bit of a pain but nothing a bit of a search doesn't usually fix.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the universal lock date actually does for the week
Its used for cases where some leagues like to LOCK the entire week at a given time (like 13:00 Eastern). Some pickem leagues have rules where all picks need to be set before the majority of the games start (like for NFL, that would be 13:00 on sunday).

For other leagues, its usually set to the start time of the LAST GAME/MATCH of the week, so like for NFL, you'd set it to 20:15 Monday Night (as that is the start time for Monday Night Football which is the last game of the week).

Each GAME has its OWN lock date as well, so the WEEK lock date might not be until Monday Night, however, you can LOCK a particular game when that games starts (like 20:25 Thursday night).

Hint: When you are adding games, you can set the week close date (which is used for the game lock date when first creating a game) to 13:00 and then add all the games that start at 13:00 (so you don't have to set the game lock date), then after you are done adding games, edit the week and set the week close date to the the start of the last game for the week (this just helps you quickly add games as you are not wasting time setting game lock dates lol).

Survivor.
I assume this is pick one winner each week, if they lose you're out. Last person in wins. Single, double, triple means you get 0, 1 or 2 extra chances/lives?
You are partially correct. Each participant picks ONE team that they think is going to win their match for the week. If they get it right, they move onto the next week. If they get it WRONG, they receive a STRIKE. If the pool is single elimination, its one strike and you are eliminated. If its double elimination, that means you are eliminated when you receive 2 strikes. Triple means you are eliminated when you receive 3 strikes.

You can only choose a team ONCE.... eg, if you pick the Raiders in week 1, you can not pick the Raiders again during the entire season (this is part of the strategy).

Survivor.
Any doco on this would help, as the existing knockout comps have some rules that might not be compatible with the system - like not choosing the same team two weeks in a row etc.
Survivor used to be its own stand alone addon, but its now integrated within Pickem, so I've merged all of the exsiting Survivor Threads into the Pickem Forum here. This SEARCH will provide you with information about Survivor: https://xenaddons.com/search/525734/?q=survivor&o=date

Contextual info.
Compared to version 1, you seem to be missing lots of the old contextual info explaining what each field does. It's a bit of a pain but nothing a bit of a search doesn't usually fix.
If you have a question about something and can't find an answer via search, you can ask me publicly or privately.

Is there a way for a player to remove themselves from a pool?
No, however, players can be removed from pools via the Admin CP (its an Pickem Administrative function).

Admin CP >> Pickem >> Pool Management >> click on the players link for the pool that the member is in.

Selection_512.png

Example, this is a list of players in the 2019 NFL Junkies Challenge pool. If you want to remove Mr Spammer, click on the trash can icon (standard delete Icon for XF). Mr Spammer will be removed from the pool.

Selection_513.png

Back