• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved No reminders or automatic away tips this week.

BIGLLC

Pick'em
upload_2021-6-24_16-30-19.png

The only thing I can see is that, to get an alert on the first game of the week (Thursday 24th at 7:30PM - as per the tie breaker lock date), at 1PM today, I had to set the "Alert date" as tomorrow at 1PM.

I just don't know what has happened.

This is the previous week, so no overlaps or anything.

upload_2021-6-24_16-33-42.png

And this is week 16 - due to Covid changes there have been no set times yet:

upload_2021-6-24_16-34-45.png

New News: Some users say they got their reminders.

I'll puzzle this out a bit more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've made some changes to how REMINDERS are sent out.

First change is that EVERYONE will receive reminders. If they don't want to receive them, they can disable the specific alerts in the alert preferences.

2nd change is that the Alert date is the date that the system will send the 1st reminder alert. The 2nd reminder alert will be sent out 24-48 hours after the first alert.

3rd change. Auto picks apply to ALL players in pools that allow auto picks. They are processed after the 2nd alert reminder is sent out and it will set AWAY TEAM picks for every single game (match) that the player in the pool has not made a pick on yet (this is much different than how it previously worked).

4th change. Picks now have multiple time stamps set... Pick Date (the date/time the player set a pick on a particular game), Auto Pick Date (the date/time the system set an auto pick for a player on a particular game), Edit Date (the date/time a player edited a pick on a particular game in a pool.... only set IF they make a change.. eg, choose Away Team to win when previously they picked the home team to win).

There are probably MORE changes coming to this as I TEST and what I just explained MAY change due to issues found during testing.

Anyway, this should help you with some of your weird issues ;)

Nice, thanks for doing all this work.

1. Even if they have made all of their picks for the week?
2. Great, makes for less mental work and fewer errors when bulk-inputting games.
3. Excellent - definitely will help with people who miss-click when entering tips. And of course the admin who has to explain to them that yes, it is their fault :D
4. Yes that sounds great. Will we have an tool to see these logged dates in the Admin CP?

Reactions: Bob
1. Even if they have made all of their picks for the week?
Yes, I couldn't tell you how many times players have said that they made picks, only to realize that they forgot to set at least 1 game, so sending alerts to EVERYONE to remind them to make/check their picks is a good thing. For those that don't want to receive a specific type of alert, XenForo has Alert Preferences that allow members to enable/disable every single alert type that is available to them.

3. Excellent - definitely will help with people who miss-click when entering tips. And of course the admin who has to explain to them that yes, it is their fault :D
Yes, this was the reason. Couldn't tell you how many times I've done it (make a pick on all games except 1 and forget to set that before its too late). At least now, the auto picks (if enabled for the pool), will catch that and set it to the visitor team so that I've got a 50/50 chance vs 0).

4. Yes that sounds great. Will we have an tool to see these logged dates in the Admin CP?
No interface(s) yet... simply do not have the time for that at the moment, but its planned for a future release (most likely the XF 2.3 version of Pickem).

Back