• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

New to AMS and having issues

Twisted_pepper

AMS Premium
UBS Premium
Hi,
So sorry to trouble you. I have a custom style and have followed the steps but no images show for example categories.
If I put in the CDN URL or even image path URL from the style, it triggers an immediate error;
Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'category_image' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

As I say, am completely new to this and just trying to set things up so please excuse me for any mistakes.
I have the images stored in my custom styles folder as well as CDN folder, but even on the example category it only shows the link to the image and not the image itself.
Thanks in advance.

Think I've done it. Sorry..
Moved files to /data/ams and it's worked.

In fact, is it possible to define a custom path completely and rename ams folder?
Say mystyle/images/<new name>/category_image/etc

Last edited:
Only the FILE NAME of the image is added to the input field for the category. Then you need up upload that image to the @imagepath for EACH STYLE.

Selection_428.png

Example (the core xenforo default style): /styles/default/nflj/ams/category_images/CATEGORY IMAGES

IF you have a 3rd party style, you will need to copy ALL of that to your 3rd party's style as they don't have any of the AMS images and their @imagepath var is set up to point to their style folders/files, not core XF's.

Example (Pixel Exit style): /styles/flatawesomeplus/nflj/ams/category_images/CATEGORY IMAGES ( basically need make sure that /nflj/ams/everything gets added to each style).

When you create a new category and want a category image, you will need to upload that image to EACH STYLE.

A THUMBNAIL with the same proportions as AMS Cover Images will be dynamically generated by the AMS Category Image Helper. DO NOT manually upload files to /data/ams! If you've done that, remove them and do it properly by uploading them to each style and let the Template Helper generate them properly.

Only the FILE NAME of the image is added to the input field for the category. Then you need up upload that image to the @imagepath for EACH STYLE.

View attachment 4592

Example (the core xenforo default style): /styles/default/nflj/ams/category_images/CATEGORY IMAGES

IF you have a 3rd party style, you will need to copy ALL of that to your 3rd party's style as they don't have any of the AMS images and their @imagepath var is set up to point to their style folders/files, not core XF's.

Example (Pixel Exit style): /styles/flatawesomeplus/nflj/ams/category_images/CATEGORY IMAGES ( basically need make sure that /nflj/ams/everything gets added to each style).

When you create a new category and want a category image, you will need to upload that image to EACH STYLE.

A THUMBNAIL with the same proportions as AMS Cover Images will be dynamically generated by the AMS Category Image Helper. DO NOT manually upload files to /data/ams! If you've done that, remove them and do it properly by uploading them to each style and let the Template Helper generate them properly.
Thanks my friend, I will do just that and see how it pans out. I've removed them from the 'data' directory as suggested.
I tried using a CDN and full URL but it threw a wobbler, so will just go with what it's meant to be. If it happens again I'll let you know, but thanks once more. :)

Can I ask, how can I or where can I remove the navigation tabs for new articles etc please? Thank you
XF1 doesn't have a navigation, so the only option you have is to either disable the listener that adds the tab OR hide the tab via CSS. Removing or Hiding the Navigation Tab is not something I provide support for as the Navigation Tab is an important part of the Addon and I don't feel like it should be removed. There is plenty of documentation on xenforo.com on how to do this tho.

XF1 doesn't have a navigation, so the only option you have is to either disable the listener that adds the tab OR hide the tab via CSS. Removing or Hiding the Navigation Tab is not something I provide support for as the Navigation Tab is an important part of the Addon and I don't feel like it should be removed. There is plenty of documentation on xenforo.com on how to do this tho.
Okay thank you I will do that. I have to do it to minimise the impact on menus for mobile users, which is 90% of our site. Appreciate the help again and thank you. :)

Just so you know... removing or Hiding an Addons Navigation Tab in XF1 has some terrible side effects, one of which is removing breadcrumbs. You also lose the Sub Navigation Links (which are important to such a large addon).

Just so you know... removing or Hiding an Addons Navigation Tab in XF1 has some terrible side effects, one of which is removing breadcrumbs. You also lose the Sub Navigation Links (which are important to such a large addon).
Yes, this is something entirely though as we've discussed. So am grateful for that.
If anyone else is looking for the same, it's the Sub Navigation Menu that I needed to drop 'new comments' and 'new reviews' - as it happens Bob has already thought of this too and can easily be switched off.
It was string me in the face but didn't see it. :whistle:

No worries, there are A LOT of options lol Like I said, I went over board on the XF1 version. Admins love options, however, there is a point where too many options makes it difficult to use lol

No worries, there are A LOT of options lol Like I said, I went over board on the XF1 version. Admins love options, however, there is a point where too many options makes it difficult to use lol
:D I hear you.... a huge amount of work has gone into this, clearly. Am really loving it have to say.
I think it's a matter of just getting used to it and finding my feet with it more than anything. :)

Hi Bob,
This is going to sound really silly, is there a changelog listed anywhere for AMS when you update it?
Thank you!
Not silly at all :)

All Bug Fixes and Implemented features have their own thread. Those threads are Tagged with the Version that they apply to. Each thread contains detailed information about the bug fix or implemented suggestion.

Selection_712.png

Selection_713.png

Clicking on a version Tag will list all bug fixes and implemented features for that particular release.

Selection_714.png

Not silly at all :)

All Bug Fixes and Implemented features have their own thread. Those threads are Tagged with the Version that they apply to. Each thread contains detailed information about the bug fix or implemented suggestion.

View attachment 4680

View attachment 4679

Clicking on a version Tag will list all bug fixes and implemented features for that particular release.

View attachment 4678
Aha! That's brilliant, thank you for the info. Very useful. :)

Reactions: Bob
Back