• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved nested categories?

electrogypsy

AMS Premium
SC Premium
it would be cool to see nested categories, since im doing location based items/places. so like north america > usa > texas ... etc. i think we're limited to one category right now (no sub-categories).

thanks!

Im not following you... Showcase has always used a hierarchical category system (same as XFRM categories), so you can have sub categories, sub sub categories sub sub sub categories etc..

North America
>> USA
>> >> Texas
>>> >> >> Dallas

When viewing the North American Category, its going to display all items in North America, USA, Texas and Dallas. When viewing the Texas cateogry, its going to display items from Texas and Dallas.

If you add an item to Dallas, the breadcrumbs is going to be Showcase >> North America >> USA >> Texas >> Dallas

This is a standardized system in XF2 now (in XF1, each addon had to build its own, however, in XF2, there are controller helpers, functions, macros etc that addons (to include XFRM and XFMG both use).

aaaah geez, im a huge dummy. i dunno how i missed that, there's even nice collapsing categories to show subcats, etc... ignore me, i have no idea what im talking about apparently :p

Reactions: Bob
aaaah geez, im a huge dummy. i dunno how i missed that, there's even nice collapsing categories to show subcats, etc... ignore me, i have no idea what im talking about apparently :p
Its all good :D After I posted, I thought that maybe you might be wanting something a bit different (like using Flat Category system and being able to set multiple categories to a single item).

i thought about the one item to multiple categories thing, but then i thought it's probably just best to use tags for that. maybe we could add some kind of tags widget for showcase items?

Back