• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented More star ratings

Adam Bloch

Showcase
I had a look but couldn't see another thread asking for this...

Is it possible to have the option to create user fields that are star ratings?

Many thanks

Adam

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
User Fields is a Core XenForo functionality. Showcase has Custom Item Fields that are similar, but they are for the ITEM itself. I am experimenting with Custom Review Fields (which would be completely separate from Custom Item Fields) and one of the field types would be star rating.

Is this something you want for the Showcase ITEM itself (that the SHowcase Author sets) or are you wanting this for the User Reviews (where each users would be rating)?

I would like people to be able to rate things about an Item so I guess it for the User Review.

If you had a car you could as a user give it:

1 to 5 star rating for comfort
1 to 5 star rating for speed
1 to 5 star rating for value
etc

The existing star rating would be the over all, unless you want to do some cool averaging :)

Gotcha, so yes, the Custom Review Fields is what you'd be wanting (and this is currently under development)

@Bob how hard would it be to add the rating field type so it could also be used within the item fields also?
So that the item author can add their own ratings for a item?

Back