• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Moderation Queue Message Block

beanfan78

AMS Premium
SC Premium
Hi Bob, hope all is well. I have been trying to figure out how to add notes to a moderated item for weeks now and it dawned on me. My issue might be a Showcase thing. I added moderators and they started approving Showcase items that I purposely unapproved because of different reasons. It was driving me mad so I took those permissions away from the moderators.

I was searching hi and low for the answer of how can I put a small note in each item so I can unapproved for some reason. You know, a note.

Then I realized there is a Message Block, but it is filled by the Tab 1 General Info. I can't change it because I would lose the information for the item. I can use other ways to deal with it, but I figured I would ask here. Do I have a setting wrong or is it suppose to work like this?

I just want to put a note in the box to tell them not to touch. I suppose I can tweak the Message Block and add the note, but will it stand out? This is probably a long post for nothing because I am probably over thinking it. Thanks for any reply.

Adam

The Core XenForo moderation queue does not have any "NOTES" type functionality as its really not a "SYSTEM" like the Reports Center that actually generates a "report" record for the piece of content being reported (that in turn could be used to store notes like you can for reported content).

Showcase (and all my addons), use the Core Xenforo Moderation Queue Handler. The handler is very basic and does 4 things (3 actions and editing the main content). The 3 actions are Do Nothing, Approve and Delete. It also allows you to display the the "Message" field of the Content Type (which for a showcase item is the Tab 1 Message Field). The purpose of the Message field is so that you can edit it right in the moderation queue before approving the piece of content. Its designed around THREADS/POST and not meant as a Publishing Center for richer content types that have multiple message fields, custom fields, etc. Addons like XFMG, XFRM, Showcase, AMS etc would be better off with a full featured Content Publishing Center vs the very limited moderation queue.

Im really hoping that they make the Moderation queue a little more robust in XF 2.0 and if not, at least make the handler more extensible (as there are a lot of things hard coded that make it impossible to extend right now).

Thank you for the detailed break down. As always, quick reply and right to the point. I will keep my fingers crossed for a better system in 2.0 then. This is a weak area that doesn't give many options as you pointed out. I will wait patiently and hope for the best. Thanks again Bob, and have a great night!

I really wish it was more like the Report Center so that it could be extended to be a Publishing Center (which AMS could really benefit from). I've been thinking about creating a Publishing Center Addon for all my addons to use. Simple things like being able to explain to a user WHY their content got deleted, or scheduling something in the queue to be approved on a specific date or like you want to do, make a note for the item to be left alone and assign it to yourself for handling (kinda like the report center).

I really wish it was more like the Report Center so that it could be extended to be a Publishing Center (which AMS could really benefit from). I've been thinking about creating a Publishing Center Addon for all my addons to use. Simple things like being able to explain to a user WHY their content got deleted, or scheduling something in the queue to be approved on a specific date or like you want to do, make a note for the item to be left alone and assign it to yourself for handling (kinda like the report center).

Most moderation items I encounter are either Showcase or AMS. If you ever decide to make one just let me know and I will be happy to be an early adopter.

Im really hoping that they make the Moderation queue a little more robust in XF 2.0 and if not, at least make the handler more extensible (as there are a lot of things hard coded that make it impossible to extend right now).
The moderation queue feels like quick & dirty checkbox feature which is now legacy code compared to the reports system. I'm not actually sure why these are even separate systems.

Reactions: Bob
Back