• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Moderated text a bit off ?

You need to upload all the showcase specific images into your 3rd party style. Some styles include them, some don't.

/styles/default/nflj/showcase/../.. simply drop in /nflj/showcase into your 3rd party style and things should work right again

/styles/3rdpartystyle/nflj/showcase

btw, starting in SC 2.4.0, I've completely removed using the core XF spritesheet and icons and am doing everything via Fontawesome or CSS

ah i did do that already or missing some, i just copied entire directory from default to custom style

Code:
ls styles/flatawesome/nflj/showcase/
bxslider  category_images  icons  slider  tag.png

dev tools browser doesn't show any 404 missing images when loading the page

Well, the MODERATED is using the Core XenForo Sprite sheet (I don't include that as its CORE XENFORO). Maybe FLATAWESOME does something to the SPRITE. Screenshots won't tell me where its trying to pull the SPRITE from, so if you can give me a LINK to that page, I can see the path to the sprite and you can upload the sprite to where it is supposed to be.

showcase is admin only viewable right now but i see what you mean, i checked xenforo default style versus flatawesome style

default has
Code:
.showcaseListItem .iconKey span {
  margin-left: 5px;
  text-indent: -10000em;
  float: right;
  background: transparent url('https://community.centminmod.com/styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-ui-sprite.png') no-repeat 10000px 0;
  width: 16px;
  height: 16px;
}

flatawesome style has
Code:
.showcaseListItem .iconKey span {
  font-size: 15.25px;
}

sprite does exist though at /styles/flatawesome/xenforo/xenforo-ui-sprite.png

background is missing despite me not doing anything besides installing showcase addon ?

edit: compared default vs flatawesome css for template = nflj_showcase_layout_list_view_item.css

https://gist.github.com/centminmod/72b452a3184b448c591e/revisions

Last edited:
That is because Flatawesome CHANGES a Core XenForo CSS Class and removes the background element from that class. That prevents 3rd party addon from using Core XF CSS Classes (which as you know is bad practice).

I am using (AS I SHOULD) as much Core XF CSS as I can. In this case, I am using the @property "discussionListIcon" in which FLATAWESOME changes.

HTML:
        .showcaseListItem .iconKey span
        {
            @property "dicussionListIcon";
            text-indent: -10000em;
            background: transparent url('@imagePath/xenforo/xenforo-ui-sprite.png') no-repeat 10000px 0;
            @property "/dicussionListIcon";
            background: transparent none;
            position: relative;
        }

Style Developers doing this (changing core xenforo) is the exact reason WHY I made the changes starting in SC 2.4.0 to use Font Awesome instead of Core XF Sprites.

Back