• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Link/HTML Parsing?

Hentai

Showcase
I have a URL text field I would like to link. This is the Value Display HTML I selected for it.

Code:
<a href="{$value}">Link</a>

But when users enter URLs, they end up something like this...

Code:
<a href="&lt;a href=" http:="" utaunocte.blogspot.com="" p="" terms-of-use.html"="" rel="nofollow" class="externalLink" target="_blank">http://utaunocte.blogspot.com/p/terms-of-use.html</a>"&gt;Link

It seems to be adding additional HREFs and anchors breaking my formatting. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Its not a bug, its that $value in Showcase is not parsed the same as $value in Custom User Fields (nor is the Resource Manager).

Stating with SC 2.2.0, I've added $valueSC which behaves the same as custom user fields values (parsed the same way).

{$valueSC} within Showcase is the same as {$value} is in User fields, but NOT the same as {$value} is in the Resource Manager. {$valueRaw} in Showcase is the same as {$valueRaw} is in the Resource Manager (and {$valueRaw} is not available in user fields). {$value} in Showcase as same as {$value} in the Resource Manager (which is different than {$value} is in User Fields).

User Fields: {$value}

Resource Manager: {$valueRaw} is similar, but not 100% the same as {$value} is within User Fields
Resource Manager: {$value} is NOT the same as {$value} is within User Fields

Showcase: {$valueRaw} is the same as the Resource Manager
Showcase: {$value} is the same as the Resource Manager
Showcase: {$valueSC} is the same as {$value} is for User Fields.

Back