1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Link/HTML Parsing?

Discussion in 'Showcase Support' started by Hentai, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Hentai

Hentai New Member Showcase

I have a URL text field I would like to link. This is the Value Display HTML I selected for it.

Code:
    <a href="{$value}">Link</a>
    But when users enter URLs, they end up something like this...

Code:
    <a href="&lt;a href=" http:="" utaunocte.blogspot.com="" p="" terms-of-use.html"="" rel="nofollow" class="externalLink" target="_blank">http://utaunocte.blogspot.com/p/terms-of-use.html</a>"&gt;Link
    It seems to be adding additional HREFs and anchors breaking my formatting. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

Its not a bug, its that $value in Showcase is not parsed the same as $value in Custom User Fields (nor is the Resource Manager).

Stating with SC 2.2.0, I've added $valueSC which behaves the same as custom user fields values (parsed the same way).

{$valueSC} within Showcase is the same as {$value} is in User fields, but NOT the same as {$value} is in the Resource Manager. {$valueRaw} in Showcase is the same as {$valueRaw} is in the Resource Manager (and {$valueRaw} is not available in user fields). {$value} in Showcase as same as {$value} in the Resource Manager (which is different than {$value} is in User Fields).

User Fields: {$value}

Resource Manager: {$valueRaw} is similar, but not 100% the same as {$value} is within User Fields
    Resource Manager: {$value} is NOT the same as {$value} is within User Fields

Showcase: {$valueRaw} is the same as the Resource Manager
    Showcase: {$value} is the same as the Resource Manager
    Showcase: {$valueSC} is the same as {$value} is for User Fields.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.