• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Lightbox in Gallery

jörg

AMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Hello,

is the lightbox gone in the new showcase 1.3?

if yes, i think this is a big mistake. i upload a lot of pictures in high resolutuion for our users. and the ligtbox will resize the pictures for the users. the users can download the full pictures if the want..........the lightbox has a easy navigation ...........

all this is now gone. why?

if the lightbox is really complete away, then i must leave this addon and use a wordpress-script.

If you are referring to the core xf thread attachment viewer, then yes, I've moved away from that for the better.

You can however easily use the old SC 1.2.0 Image Gallery with a simple template edit by changing the include template the old vs the new. I've included the old template and css for those that want to do their own custom gallery layout (giving them a base to start out with). I will post a "How To" (its a single word template edit). The old gallery is however NOT supported. I will only support issues with the new core gallery included with 1.3.0.

btw, the new layout is a fully responsive Gallery (resizes the full sized images for your users in the same way the attachment viewer does). You can also right click on the image and view it by itself (same exact view as what you get when you view full sized on the attachment viewer) and can still download it (that is a core xf attachment function).

thank you bob for you fast answer.

for me is that a bad way. sorry to say, i leave the ship here. but i will say - thank you for your really good work. you´re one of the best addon coders for xenforo addons.

all the best wishes for you and your family.

and thank you for all your good work.........

I think it'll be a shame to stop using something when there is a very simple fix available - especially when it's only one small part of the entire product. Don't rush into dropping it, you'll regret it in the long run.

For those of you that are interested, this is how easy it will be (in RC 1)

In the nflj_showcase_item template:

Change this: <xen:include template="nflj_showcase_item_image_gallery" />

To this: <xen:include template="nflj_showcase_item_custom_gallery" />

I added this to RC 1 to give a few people that inboxed me a set of templates so they can create their own custom gallery and still quickly switch to using the new gallery. I pre populated the two custom gallery templates with the OLD legacy version just for cases like the above where someone wanted to use the old Gallery instead of the new one. It takes all of 30 seconds to edit the item template, change one word (from image to custom) and hit save.

For those of you that are interested, this is how easy it will be (in RC 1)

In the nflj_showcase_item template:

Change this: <xen:include template="nflj_showcase_item_image_gallery" />

To this: <xen:include template="nflj_showcase_item_custom_gallery" />

I added this to RC 1 to give a few people that inboxed me a set of templates so they can create their own custom gallery and still quickly switch to using the new gallery. I pre populated the two custom gallery templates with the OLD legacy version just for cases like the above where someone wanted to use the old Gallery instead of the new one. It takes all of 30 seconds to edit the item template, change one word (from image to custom) and hit save.

done. i think it works. it is really much better, as the new gallery!

Back