• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned Layout option for odd number on page

craigForo

AMS Premium
First off, your modifications rock!

In regards to the AMS system, is it possible to change the layout when there is an odd number set in the options to have the top or latest article display across the column at the top, as opposed to the bottom as it is what seems to be by design?

So as an example in the attached image, the latest article (Catamount mountain) would span both columns instead of the one at the bottom (Poke-O-Moonshine Mountain). Then every article below the latest article would be two per row.

The rationale is the latest article would catch the users eye quicker due to size.

see attached.

Attachments

• xenams.JPG
    xenams.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
An article spanning 2 columns was a BUG (which has been fixed). I did have a feature in AMS 1.x called "Headlines" that I could possibly bring back in a slightly different capacity that would allow you to set it so that the first x articles are "headlines" and they would span 2 columns and the rest would be in a 2 column grid. THIS IS JUST ME THINKING OUTLOUD lol

Well if it was a bug, it was a good one.

I noticed it was "resolved" on the latest update.

I still would like to see it displayed like what is in the image. It was really sharp. It would accommodate everyone if it was an admincp choice as you mentioned.

I did try it as a "featured" article and it didn't display as nicely as what the bug did, :).

I did try it as a "featured" article and it didn't display as nicely as what the bug did
The Featured GRID looks great, however, it requires at least 2 featured articles (preferably 3+) in order to be displayed, otherwise it defaults to the bland basic content slider like the XFRM uses).

Selection_999(039).png

Hoping this is on your list of enhancements (latest post span two columns). :D
The earliest would be AMS 2.2.x as AMS 2.1.13 is already complete.

All this stuff I've been posting was developed 8-10 months ago for AMS 2.2. I am simply pushing a large majority of the AMS 2.2 features that I've already developed, into AMS 2.1.13 as they don't require XF 2.2.

First off, your modifications rock!

In regards to the AMS system, is it possible to change the layout when there is an odd number set in the options to have the top or latest article display across the column at the top, as opposed to the bottom as it is what seems to be by design?

So as an example in the attached image, the latest article (Catamount mountain) would span both columns instead of the one at the bottom (Poke-O-Moonshine Mountain). Then every article below the latest article would be two per row.

The rationale is the latest article would catch the users eye quicker due to size.

see attached.

Any chance this could become a layout option in an upcoming release?

I have no plans to do any work on layouts besides bug fixes. There are just way to many high priority features that need to be focused on first.

Maybe hit @Russ up (from Pixel Exit). He knows AMS well and in fact is the one that designed a lot of the layout concepts that I use in AMS :) He's done some really impressive custom AMS work for clients.