• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

How to display reviews under the General Information

Nobitakung

Showcase
Hi, I found a thread @Bob had taught how to put the image gallery under the General Info tab;
http://xenaddons.com/threads/image-gallery-under-first-tab.672/

I'd like to do the same but with Reviews, just replace the comments with reviews (as there is the discussion tab exist there, I don't see any reason to have the comments, I think it's redundant and confusing) And, as I focus on the reviews, I'd like the users to see the reviews in the first sight.

Another question is My site is in dark background but the Item page has white background, which css rules should I override? I think there are many css rules need to be modified including the text color to display well in dark background, I know I can inspect the html source by myself, but it's quite time consuming, please give me some guideline to ease the inspecting process.

Thanks.

I'd like to do the same but with Reviews,
You can't without A LOT of code & template modification. That would actually take some rather extensive development to several actions in the Showcase Controller, Reviews Controller and Comments Controller along with extensive modification to dozens of templates.

My site is in dark background but the Item page has white background, which css rules should I override?
They ONLY way I can help is to view your site with Chrome or FireFox with the style you are using and inspect the ELEMENT(s) and see what is going on. Start a Conversation with me with the URL to your site. I may also need Admin CP access with permission to view styles (mainly style properties and CSS templates). Could be that Showcase is using a Style Property that your custom style didn't change. Backgrounds are an EASY fix.

I know I can inspect the html source by myself, but it's quite time consuming
Inspecting a web page via Chrome Tools or Firebug is not even remotely time consuming (specially when all you are doing is inspecting CSS classes for an HTML element). It is like the easiest task that can be done with both of those tools. If you find it difficult, maybe check out a few basic level Chrome Tools (or Firebug) lessons. It can't get any easier than putting your mouse over the element on the web page, clicking "inspect element" and having the tools open so that the specific HTML element is focused with the CSS classes that are involved are displayed as well. I can see it being time consuming if you don't understand CSS (or HTML), however, if its just a case of not being familiar with the tools, again, I'd suggest finding some tutorials (that's what I did when I first learned how to use them both).

I think there are many css rules need to be modified including the text color to display well in dark background
Showcase is supported by ALL the MAJOR 3rd party Developers (PixelExit, Arty and Audentio to name the top 3). All of them have and use Showcase (and have for several years now). All 4 (Mike, Steve, Russ and Arty) have gone through Showcase (and all my other addons) to make sure they are compliant with core XF classes & style properties as well as playing nice with their respective frameworks. I have changed several things over the years based on all their recommendations. If it is an issue with one of their styles, we'll look into it so that it gets resolved.

You can't without A LOT of code & template modification. That would actually take some rather extensive development to several actions in the Showcase Controller, Reviews Controller and Comments Controller along with extensive modification to dozens of templates.

I just found a setting to disable the comment system, however, still want to display reviews in the first tab, is there any hack around? Such as moving the general info to the top of Review tab instead and remove or hide the General Info tab.

is there any hack around?
No... the answer I gave you is the only way to do it. If there was any other way, I'd have explained them ALL. This one unfortunately requires extensive modification.

Thanks bob, but I'm not giving up yet :cool: Is it possible to make review tab to be the first tab users see when they click the item? I think this should to be easier by modifying the listing template and add the "/reviews" into the link of each listing. Can you guide me where to edit the code.

Further more, I have add a custom rich text field and titled it as "Descritpion" and set it to show at the header, then I want to change the original "General Description" Text Field to "Further Details" and the "General Description" Tab to "Details and Images" but I can't find the phrase with the search tool, can you please help on this too.

Back