• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Most Recent X Reviews below the SC Items

3rd angle

Showcase
Is it possible to allow us to set a SC category which will put the reviews below the SC items where comments are located? Right now it is located inside a tab.. which is not easily visible... if we can pull them down below the item page.. it will be a true review system

I thought SC be adapted to ratings & reviews layout of RM.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
The Resource Manager does NOT have all (paginated) user reviews under the overview tab. It has the ability to display X amount of "most recent" user reviews. That is not the SAME as what you are asking (which is to have them ALL). I am doing something similar to the RM in AMS where on a per category basis, you can set an option to display x amount of RECENT User Reviews and those will display above the Categories. This (if successful with AMS) will most likely be adopted by showcase.

The Resource Manager does NOT have all (paginated) user reviews under the overview tab. It has the ability to display X amount of "most recent" user reviews.
Yes having X amount of recent user reviews under the "index" or overview page of the item is exactly what I had in mind in my other thread.

Yeah! It's marked implemented! Awesome work as usual @Bob! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been implemented.

You can now display X amount (non paginated) of Recent User Reviews on the main Item page. These Recent X User Reviews will be displayed below the Item Content and above the Comments (if comments are enabled).

There is a GLOBAL Showcase Option (located on the Item Page Tab) to set the amount of Recent user Reviews to display.
NOTE: Each Category has an override option allowing the category to control this setting.

Selection_304.png

As mentioned above, each category has an override which allows you to control this option on a per category basis.

Selection_305.png

As to what it looks like, Recent User Reviews look exactly like they do when displayed on the review tab

In this example, I have it limited to display ONE Recent User Review for screen shot purposes. The viewing User has the ability to Rate and Review and has not yet made a review, so the "Rate & Review Item" Is displayed Above and Below the Recent User Reviews.

There is a Read all X reviews link that will take the viewing user to the Reviews tab so that they can read all User Reviews that have been submitted.

Selection_306.png

Here is an example of a Category that is overriding the default setting to set the amount of Recent User Reviews to 0 (ZERO). The reason I posted this shot is to show you that there is only ONE "Rate & Review Item" function displayed when no Recent User Reviews are displayed.
Selection_307.png

In this example, the viewing user has already Rated or Reviewed, so the function to Rate & Review is removed.
Selection_308.png

In this example, I have it set to display the 3 most recent user reviews...

Selection_309.png

Same exact implementation as I did for AMS (so they are standardized)
You can write reviews in AMS too?

Of course.

Back