• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved How to customize the Add/Edit form for the item title

Ludachris

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
I'd like to edit the Add/Edit form to make it so the item Title follows the same 2-column design as the Tags and Description field below it:

upload_2020-1-20_15-25-45.png

I think I need to edit one of these two templates:

xa_sc_item_edit_macros
xa_sc_category_add_item

But I'm a little lost on the code to do it.

xa_sc_category_add_item <-- that template is the Add Item input form
xa_sc_item_edit <-- that template is the Edit Item input form
xa_sc_item_edit_macros <-- that template contains macros used by both of the above input forms.

In this particular case, you will need to edit the title macro's, which are located in the xa_sc_item_edit_macros template. There are 2 macros you will need to edit ('title_item_add' and 'title_item_edit'). You will need to remove the CSS classes on the rowType atribute of the prefixinputrow helper.

Example, here is the 'title_item_add' macro and you will see the red arrow pointing to the rowType attribute. It is using 2 CSS classes (fullWidth and noLable"). Simply remove those 2 CSS classes from the attribute as shown in the 2nd image, then do the same thing for the 'title_item_edit' macro that is the next macro in the template.

Selection_136.png

Selection_137.png

xa_sc_category_add_item <-- that template is the Add Item input form
xa_sc_item_edit <-- that template is the Edit Item input form
xa_sc_item_edit_macros <-- that template contains macros used by both of the above input forms.

In this particular case, you will need to edit the title macro's, which are located in the xa_sc_item_edit_macros template. There are 2 macros you will need to edit ('title_item_add' and 'title_item_edit'). You will need to remove the CSS classes on the rowType atribute of the prefixinputrow helper.

Example, here is the 'title_item_add' macro and you will see the red arrow pointing to the rowType attribute. It is using 2 CSS classes (fullWidth and noLable"). Simply remove those 2 CSS classes from the attribute as shown in the 2nd image, then do the same thing for the 'title_item_edit' macro that is the next macro in the template.

View attachment 6075

View attachment 6076
Well damn, that was easy! Thanks again Bob - for both the help and the very detailed tutorial to help me understand what it is I'm doing.

Reactions: Bob
Back