• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Hide custom field titles

Bob

Developer
Staff member
we_are_borg said:
I would like to see the option to hide custom field titles.

When you make a custom field you need to give a field id (mandatory) after that youl'll need to give a title this is the field i want the option for. In some cases you do not want the field title on any page so i would like an option "hide title"

This has been implemented (the way that I felt it should be implemented).

Easiest way to explain how this works is to show you some scenarios.

Here we have some custom fields being displayed on an article. We have 2 being displayed in the header area and one in the "above article" area.
Lets focus on the one in the Above Article area for now. It is a Rich Text Field and we don't want to display the TITLE of the field, we only want to display the text. Lets edit the field and see if there is something that will help us do that.

Selection_179.png

And look what we have here. Under the Title is a setting to HIDE Title on Article. Lets check it and see what happens.

Selection_180.png

And BOOM, its MAGIC! The custom field title is gone AND the text moved over to the left using up the wasted white space. Notice the fields in the header are not effected.

Selection_181.png

Speaking of which, lets do the same thing to the text field in the header.

And BOOM.... its MAGIC :D As you can see, it only effects the specific field.
Selection_182.png

Here I've added another field so that you can see that the hiding of a title does not effect fields above or below it in any way.
Selection_183.png

btw, this works for ANY field. Here I've hid the titles for a check boxes field and a date picker field. Obviously, most fields you are going to want to keep the title for. Its mainly used for Rich Text fields.

Selection_184.png

What about Layout Types that allow custom fields to be displayed? As you see in the image, the Multiline Text Box field wastes a lot of space.

Selection_185.png

Well, guess what.... it applies to all the Layout Types as well :D Here I've checked the Hide Title for the Rich Text field so that it uses the entire container width.

Selection_186.png

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Back