• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Google Core Web Vitals: CLS Issue

tonmo

AMS Premium
EDIT: It seems this may be an issue with core XF, not necessarily AMS itself. Will follow up there.

--

Search Console seems to have a new report; Core Web Vitals. A number (maybe all) of my article pages are included in a report that cites a CLS issue.

upload_2020-6-1_8-32-52.png

Reference:

Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS)

Any suggestions to improve layout using the transform CSS property?

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-1_8-34-53.png
    upload_2020-6-1_8-34-53.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
AMS does not have any blocks of content that change height on their own while viewing AMS pages. Pretty sure this issue has to do with Advertisements (which is the main cause of CLS). This drives me nuts at several sites I enjoy reading articles on. Its caused by slow loading Ads (or ads that change and have different heights). Its too the point that I won't even visit those sites on mobile anymore (desktop I use an ad blocker lol)

Anyway... could you let me know if XF responds to your inquiry?

Ah, yeah, I am sure you're right on that. I guess I should probably just go to fixed ad sizes, although not sure how to also support Responsive.

And yes, will let you know any guidance there...

Reactions: Bob
Back