• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Article Management System FB sharing

Im using a 3rd party script for those social buttons: kni-labs/rrssb If I ever update the 1.x series of AMS again, I'll be removing it and just using the Core XF social share (as I do with XF2 versions of my addons).

Hey @Bob - when sharing on FB, will it display a large preview image as long as we set out image sizes accordingly?

The preferred image size for optimal FB shares is about 1200x630, so that you get the large image on shares.

The ones I tested from here were showing small previews, but that's likely because the images were actually smaller anyway.

Wondering what happens when we use a bigger image...

Can test here if anyone wants to see

Debugger - Facebook for Developers

Pretty sure the Share is using the Article Cover Image Thumbnail and not a full size image. AMS 1.x is no longer being developed (I've move on to XF2 over a year ago), so any adjustments will have to be made on your own. I should also mention that the 3rd party Share Script that AMS 1.x uses hasn't been updated in over 2 years (the author has not posted an update in over 2 years), so I doubt that its even complying with any of the recent facebook changes.

Note: AMS 2.x uses the Core XF share functionality/standards (which will always be up to date/current).

Sheesh. My bad, I didn't realize this was in regards to an early version.
I THINK (I'd have to look), that I am passing in the FULL SIZE image for the XF2 implementation. I added helpers specifically for that. I don't talk much about AMS 2.x development here (you'd have to log into my private development site and ask there).

Back