• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Editing field display order on Item view

Ludachris

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Hey Bob, sorry, you know me asking about random things that are usually complicated. I'm working on the layout in SC 3.1 for the Item view.

It current displays the fields from Section 1, then the content from the WYSIWYG editor, then the next Section field data. I'd like to rearrange the order and display Section 1 fields, then Section 2 fields, then the content from the Section 1 WYSIWYG field. If that's not possible, I'd like to disable the Section 1 WYSIWYG field completely and enable it in a later section so that it shows up later in the item view layout.

What are my options?

You can't just "rearrange" as sections 2-5 are entire sections (Section Header, Fields, Message) that are wrapped inside a conditional and Section 1 is tied to some other functionality, so that it always displays first (and limited if certain permissions are not set).

You'd have to do quite a bit of modification/addition (which is way beyond the scope of basic support). Might be best (less headache) if you start a conversation with me and let me do it for you (for Pizza and Beer this weekend ;) )

You can't just "rearrange" as sections 2-5 are entire sections (Section Header, Fields, Message) that are wrapped inside a conditional and Section 1 is tied to some other functionality, so that it always displays first (and limited if certain permissions are not set).

You'd have to do quite a bit of modification/addition (which is way beyond the scope of basic support). Might be best (less headache) if you start a conversation with me and let me do it for you (for Pizza and Beer this weekend ;) )
LOL!

If the customization puts me in a situation where future upgrades will become a headache, maybe I'll just pass on it. It just makes a lot more sense to have those fields show up above the wysiwyg field data in my situation. Even if I could just disable/hide the Section 1 wysiwyg field. I'll PM you.

Reactions: Bob
Back