• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved Cut off days in widget definition not working as expected

CHAIM2003

AMS
Hi Bob
We have a xa_ams_latest_articles widget for quite some time, displayed in the full-grid-block style.
Lately we tried editing it into a random display of articles from the last 7 days.

Unfortunately it displays articles from as far as 7/11/21...

What could the issue be?
I tried creating a new widget instead of editing, but I still keep getting articles from 2021...

Thanks!

I am not able to reproduce this.

I just created a new Widget using the Widget definition - AMS: Latest articles

I set the Sort order to: Random

I set the Cut off days to: 7

I set the Display Style to Full: Grid Block

Selection_999(097).png

It only fetches articles that have been created/updated in the last 7 days. If I increase the Cut off days to 30, it only fetches articles created/updated in the last 30 days. I have 100's of articles created/updated between Jan 1, 2022 and present. Not a single article older than June 25th (create date or last update date) is being fetched if I set the Cut off to 30 days.

I'd have to troubleshoot this on your site since I can't reproduce it on any of my production or development servers. If that is possible, start a conversation with me :)

If I had to GUESS, those older articles that are being fetched have been UPDATED (using the Post as Update feature), which sets the last_update date, which is the date evaluated (same as XF does).

IIRC, the Change Date function in AMS allows you to change the Last Update date, so you can set back to the original create date of the article.

If I had to GUESS, those older articles that are being fetched have been UPDATED (using the Post as Update feature), which sets the last_update date, which is the date evaluated (same as XF does).

IIRC, the Change Date function in AMS allows you to change the Last Update date, so you can set back to the original create date of the article.
I'll check it out and let you know.
Thanks!!

Back