• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Custom Map Markers, both global and per category

Bob

Developer
Staff member
As per title, Showcase now has custom map marker both at the global level and per category overrides.

You can easily now have Category Maps in Showcase that look like this simply by using the new custom map markers options.

Selection_999(093) (1).png

The Global Showcase option now has a new section for Map options. I've moved the API keys options to this new section as well as added two new inputs.

The 2 new inputs are for the default markers (one for standard items and one for featured items). I am using a blue marker for featured items and a red marker for standard items as Default settings. You can change to different colors OR you can upload your own custom markers and set those as the defaults.

Note: You don't have to have different markers for standard and featured, you can set them both to use the same marker if you want to.

Selection_999(094).png

Note: Showcase comes with 6 colored "google" style markers that are uploaded in the styles/default/xenaddons/showcase/map_markers directory. The colors are blue, green, orange, purple, red and yellow (and are using a standard google naming convention eg, green-dot.png).

Selection_028.png

As you can see here, I've uploaded some custom markers.

Selection_029.png

Custom Markers for a specific Category

You can override the global markers by setting custom markers on a per category basis (applies to items that are owned by the category, does not effect items in sub categories). In this shot, I am setting custom markers (ski resort markers) for both standard items and featured items within the category.

Selection_999(095).png

Here you can see the Custom Map Markers being used on the Ski Resorts category map.

Note: If items are being displayed from sub categories, the custom (or default) icons set for those sub categories will be used. This is so you can have maps with lots of different map markers on a PER CATEGORY basis.

Selection_999(096).png

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Back