• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Custom fields text in snippet part

Sunka

Showcase
Any chance to include Custom fields data (text data) into first tab area, so snippet will contain custom field data too.

Also any chance to put placeholder in custom fields and tab areas.

Thanks.

Im not sure I understand what you are asking for. Showcase Item Fields have 9 different locations that they can be placed at, one of which is on Tab 1.

Selection_127.png

Selection_128.png

My english language... :D

Let me explain this way.
Automatically created discussion thread only grab a snippet from tab 1.
I am asking is there a way to snippet contain custom fields too, not just text and attachments from tab 1.

Example:

Custom field 1: aaaaa

Custom field 2: ttttt

Custom field 3: uuuuu

Tab 1:
aaa + bbb + ccc

Result in Discussion thread will be only this text:
aaa + bbb + ccc

And that is text only from Tab 1, it is snippet.

So my question is how to manage that automatically created discussion thread contain all custom fields data (text data) + tab 1 data

So basically you get something like this:

Custom field 1: aaaaa

Custom field 2: ttttt

Custom field 3: uuuuu

aaa + bbb + ccc

Also, could we put placeholders in Custom fields and Tabs where text data is expected (like there is placeholder Search... in search bar).

And just one another question, because of xenforo attachment nature behaviour, attachments in snippet can not be visible (they are just links), or there is a way to show attachment in snippet too?

Thanks

An Associated Discussion thread displays the HEADER of a Showcase Item. Everything that is set to display in the Showcase Item Header will display on the Header of the Associated Discussion Thread (this includes, custom fields that are set to display in the HEADER).

The CONTENT of TAB 1 does NOT display in the header of an associated discussion thread. Only the DESCRIPTION (if set to display in the Showcase Item Header) does.

The first POST of the discussion thread contains a SNIPPET of the message field from Tab 1.

I am NOT turning the Header of a Discussion Thread into displaying the ENTIRE SHOWCASE ITEM. That isn't going to happen. They need to view the Showcase Item itself if you want them to see content in Tabs 1-5

An Associated Discussion thread displays the HEADER of a Showcase Item. Everything that is set to display in the Showcase Item Header will display on the Header of the Associated Discussion Thread (this includes, custom fields that are set to display in the HEADER).
That is the solution! Thanks @Bob

Back