• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Custom Field Data Loss

petrolskin

AMS Premium
Showcase
Hi Bob,

I had a bunch of populated custom fields both in the sidebar and additional tabs. I created another category to move these into and I cant seem to get the data or sidebar/tabs to show.

Initially I didnt have the custom fields ticked in the new category prior to moving (or the custom prefixes for that matter).

I just redid those but the sidebar data is considerable and is beyond manual effort. Am I doing something wrong (Ive been away a while) and can the data be retrieved?

Did you rebuild the showcase caches? If not, run the Rebuild Showcase Categories and Rebuild Showcase Items via the Showcase Rebuilds functionality.

Did you rebuild the showcase caches? If not, run the Rebuild Showcase Categories and Rebuild Showcase Items via the Showcase Rebuilds functionality.
I did try that first but no joy. Is there any reason for that to happen you can think of? All I did was create a new category and simply use the move option against each showcase item.

A lot of the data is CACHED in BLOB fields in the Category and Item records. IF those cache fields are not properly updated (during DataWriter saves), then that can really screw things up. Also, I am not completely sure what you mean by created another category to move fields into? Sounds like you moved Items into a category that didn't have those fields associated (which means that Categories Field Cache doesn't have those fields). I'll need access to your Database and site (admin access) in order to SEE all of this. Shoot me a inbox with login credentials and phpmyadmin access.

A lot of the data is CACHED in BLOB fields in the Category and Item records. IF those cache fields are not properly updated (during DataWriter saves), then that can really screw things up. Also, I am not completely sure what you mean by created another category to move fields into? Sounds like you moved Items into a category that didn't have those fields associated (which means that Categories Field Cache doesn't have those fields). I'll need access to your Database and site (admin access) in order to SEE all of this. Shoot me a inbox with login credentials and phpmyadmin access.
Sorry I created another category and moved the items into the new category. The custom fields for the sidebar and tabs was not ticked in the new category prior to moving them. Something I overlooked :(

Is there anyway the data can be synced or have I lost it Bob?

Back