• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved Cover image from Attachment

Carlo

AMS
Showcase
Hi there!

I just bought the AMS, and I would like to know if its possible to let AMS use the first attachment in an article as a cover image.

Right now I am using RSS feeds, but the grid system shows a blueish image, but I would like this to be changed into the first attachment in the imported article.

Is this possible, if yes, how?

Thanks!

Hi there!

I just bought the AMS, and I would like to know if its possible to let AMS use the first attachment in an article as a cover image.

Right now I am using RSS feeds, but the grid system shows a blueish image, but I would like this to be changed into the first attachment in the imported article.

Is this possible, if yes, how?

Thanks!

Select "Display cover image above article" when posting an article; you can also change the attachment used the article options dropdown.

Select "Display cover image above article" when posting an article; you can also change the attachment used the article options dropdown.
Hey there!
Where do you’ve this option? I checked the settings in the admin panel but I can’t find this option.

Do I need to edit this in the article itself? Because with the import there are over 600 articles… everyday there are at least 5 imports… so that’d be a hell of a job to edit manually…

It's an option in the page to post the article; for importing I do not know what you would do.

and I would like to know if its possible to let AMS use the first attachment in an article as a cover image.
This is automatically done when saving the article that has attachments uploaded to it.

The issue you are having is that you are importing from RSS and those are not ATTACHMENTS, those are hot linked images via img bbcode. You'd have to convert those image links into actual attachments (which is not a feature of XF or AMS, so it would have to be custom developed).

IIRC, there is an addon that Converts images links into attachments for posts in threads. Any half way decent developer should be able to evaluate that addon and then create a simple addon for you to do the same :)

Back