• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Could you please assist me with this error

AbnVet

Showcase
So I have been adding items for the past day. Today I had someone assist me with moving my xenforo install to the main director i.e it was installed at www.abnvet.com/community and now its in abnvet.com. I am not sure if this has done something.

I went to add an item today and it gave me this error and im not sure how to troubleshoot it.

include(/home/nevada18/public_html/abnvet.com/library/NFLJ/Showcase/DataWriter/Category.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  2. XenForo_Autoloader::autoload() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  3. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1001
  4. XenForo_Application::autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 451
  5. XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 2038
  6. XenForo_DataWriter::create() in NFLJ/Showcase/DataWriter/Item.php at line 1167
  7. NFLJ_Showcase_DataWriter_Item->_getCategoryDwForUpdate() in NFLJ/Showcase/DataWriter/Item.php at line 532
  8. NFLJ_Showcase_DataWriter_Item->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1409
  9. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in NFLJ/Showcase/ControllerPublic/Showcase.php at line 1141
  10. NFLJ_Showcase_ControllerPublic_Showcase->actionAddSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nevada18/public_html/abnvet.com/index.php at line 13

Permission denied means that your webserver directories do not have the correct read/write/execute permissions set. This is a web server issue.

ok, would you have any idea of why that would start happening. I have not changed anything. The only thing that has happened was the files where moved directories. this sucks i need to figure out how to fix this

without having FTP access to your web server, I can't see what the PERMISSIONS are for all the folders and files. This is a permissions issue tho and the only way to fix it is to make sure the folder and file permissions on your web server are set correctly. Could also be a file ownership issue as well. Whoever did the work on your server needs to fix this.

the guy said he did something to fix it last night but its still broke. What about if I just reinstall your add-on do you think that would put all the settings back to the way they needed?

no, it has nothing to do with the addon. The issue is file/folder permissions on your web server and until that gets fixed, you are going to have problems with other things as well.

ok well thats not good then lol

no, its not lol You really need to get it fixed.

One thing you CAN try (its up to you) is to NOT remove the addon (do not uninstall) but remove the files (and folders) and then reupload the files again. IF your webserver file/folder permissions/ownership is setup correctly, the new uploaded files/folders will inherit those permissions.

Delete the following nflj/showcase folders.. do NOT delete the entire /js or /library or /styles directory's (just the nflj/showcase directories themselves)

/js/nflj/showcase (delete /nflj)
/library/NFLJ/Showcase (delete /NFLJ)
/styles/default/nflj/showcase (delete /nflj)

Then reupload the showcase files from the zip file.

that fixed it - thank you. I know this doesn't relate to your add-on but is there a way for me to check to see if anything else is screwed up to check the permissions

If you are running any other addons, you might want to do the same thing with them that you just did with mine. That will ensure that they properly inherit the changes made from yesterday.

Back