• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Child or Sibling categories?

cdub

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
EMS Early Adopter
IMS Premium
LD Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Is there an easy way to create a child or sibling category so the new category has all of the options already selected from another category?

I have a bunch of custom tabs and it'll be a pain to copy them all over.

Is there an easy way
Easy? NO. Something like that would require extensive development (which is not "easy" and probably would take more time to develop than just entering it in by hand anyway).

A MEDIUM Level way: If you know how to use phpMyAdmin and understand schema, you can quickly copy data from one record to another via cut and paste. I do this A LOT when developing to quickly clone stuff for testing.

A ADVANCED Way: Involves phpMyAdmin again. Can export a category record, modify the SQL statement slightly and use that to create categories based of the exported category settings. You really need to know what you are doing tho (piece of cake for me, but I've been a professional DBA for 2 decades now).

Easy? NO. Something like that would require extensive development (which is not "easy" and probably would take more time to develop than just entering it in by hand anyway).
Doh... I guess it's the hard way for me then. :)

Doh... I guess it's the hard way for me then. :)
might pay off to learn a little bit about phpMyAdmin. Best way to learn is setting up a local host environment on your home PC. You can then run text versions of XF right on your home PC and learn how to do stuff via phpmyadmin and not care if you screw things up :D

A ADVANCED Way: Involves phpMyAdmin again. Can export a category record, modify the SQL statement slightly and use that to create categories based of the exported category settings. You really need to know what you are doing tho (piece of cake for me, but I've been a professional DBA for 2 decades now).

This is what I did. I tested it on a test install first.

Back