• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Change the Trigger for Auto Creating Associated Discussion Thread when Saving as Draft or Scheduled

Bob

Developer
Staff member
Selection_231 (2).png
Agreed, it's long past time for a change on when an associated discussion thread gets created!

Publishing options

Submit for publishing now

I've updated the Item Create Service so that an associated discussion thread will only be created by the Item Create Service IF the Item is being submitted for publishing now.

Note: If the viewing user does not have permission to submit items without approval, both the item and associated thread will be sent to the moderation queue, however, you only need to approve the item as the approval queue handler also handles approving the associated discussion thread.

Save as draft & Schedule for publishing on a set date/time

When creating an Item and the viewing user chooses the Publishing option "Save as draft" or "Scheduled for publishing on a set date/time", an associated discussion thread will no longer be created by the Item Create Service (currently one is, but not anymore).

The creation of the associated discussion thread for Draft Items and Items Awaiting Publishing has been moved into the Publish Draft Service.

I've updated the Publish Draft service to now process the creation of an associated discussion thread via the onPublishDraft() function, which is triggered when the viewing user clicks on the [Publish now] button when viewing a Draft Item or Item Awaiting Publishing OR CRON processes Items scheduled for publishing.

Note: This is a change that I am making in ALL of my addons.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Back