• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Category Page Layout Type set per Category

Veer

Showcase
Hello @Bob B :)

I've selected "Grid" type for "Home Page" and "Category Page" in Options. But for a few different content Categories I want to select "List View" type. I thought I would be able to select Layout Type per category but its only defined in the options for all categories.

Suggestion: I think it would be a useful addition to have the ability to select Layout Type per Category bases.

Question: Is there a workaround to achieve this in current Showcase version 1.3.0 ?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'll think about it. If I do it, I will probably do it via an override option.

As far as a work around, you'd have to modify the Controller (it can't be done via a template edit).

I went ahead and just knocked this out since I was already working on some category stuff.

You can now override (per category) the layout (List or Grid)... ie, if the Global is set to Grid and you want a specific category to display in List View, then edit the specific category, check override Default Layout and chose List View.

I went ahead and just knocked this out since I was already working on some category stuff.

You can now override (per category) the layout (List or Grid)... ie, if the Global is set to Grid and you want a specific category to display in List View, then edit the specific category, check override Default Layout and chose List View.
wow it was really quick implementation! :cool:
where is the thumbs up smilie? :D

thank you very much bob!

Reactions: Bob
This is located on the Category Specific Options Tab (Category Management)

cat-layout-override.PNG

Back