• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] Category Grid on Showcase Index page, above List view

Ludachris

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
I prefer the List view for my showcase index page, as opposed to the Grid view, mainly because it looks a little more like the Forums index page that members are used to. But I would really like to add a Grid view above the List with Category thumbnails. So I guess what I'm after is a hybrid view. I know I can achieve this with some custom HTML coding in the Index template, and I will likely just do that for now. But I figured I'd throw the suggestion out there.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'd need to see a graphical representation of what it's supposed to look like as well as how it is supposed to work/be configured. Would obviously not look good to have 150 category images on the Showcase Home.

Open to reconsidering?

I think it would be very helpful to have the hyperlinked categories list at the top of the page, enabling users to click the category. When inside a category, the top of the page would list any sub-categories.
I often get users asking about filtering the list, as they don't realise they can select categories from the sidebar.

Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 22.01.19.png

I'm always open to reconsidering things :)

I think in this case, it may be better as a "how to" for a template customization so that those that want it, can customize it to their own look and feel (some might want to use Image, others just links etc).

I think in this case, it may be better as a "how to" for a template customization so that those that want it, can customize it to their own look and feel (some might want to use Image, others just links etc).
That would be terrific, thanks!
Look forward to it.

Back