1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned Captions for gallery images

Discussion in 'Showcase Closed Suggestions' started by ibenick, Dec 18, 2012.

1. ibenick

ibenick Member Showcase

It would be awesome if simple captions could be added to gallery images inside Showcase.

alfa1, Tracy Perry and Postal like this.
  2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

I'll look into it and if it can be done with minimal impact on the core XF attachment system, then I will probably do it. I am a bit hesitant tho as I am positive that major changes are coming to the core XF attachment system and I don't want to go to far off course knowing that I am going to have to make adjustments when xf 1.2.x comes out. It will be a heck of a lot easier to adjust without having to deal with customization's to core.

Marking this as future consideration due to the need to do R&D as well as wait and see whats up with xf 1.2.x

3. Postal

Postal New Member Showcase

I agree! Just installed this as a garage on my site and one of the first things I was asked is how go add captions! Hehe. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

4. MattW

MattW Server Admin AMS Premium CAS Premium RMS Premium SC Premium UBS Premium

Could probably look at how Chris does the captions in XMG has you have the ability to caption each individual image.

5. Bob

Na, completely different architecture. Each image in his gallery is its own PAGE (the equivalent of an individual showcase item). What he is doing architecture wise is the same thing as I am doing by having a description field for a showcase item. If Showcase had ONE image, then I could do it by simply adding a image description field to the item table. There are MULTIPLE attachments associated to each event. The storage of each caption has to be associated with each individual image.

6. MattW

MattW Server Admin AMS Premium CAS Premium RMS Premium SC Premium UBS Premium

I'll get my coat.......;)

7. Bob

It will be interesting to see if he did captions for the User Albums (which would be the many to 1 architecture like showcase). I have a rough idea on how I want to do it, but was waiting to see if XF would add attachment descriptions in 1.2 (which they didn't). Im probably just going to have to do it myself :D

Veer, MattW and Postal like this.
  8. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member AMS Premium CAS Premium RMS Premium SC Premium UBS Premium

This is important to AMS as well. Most articles need image captions. Its standard in news articles around the net.

Isxforo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.