• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] Captions for gallery images

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'll look into it and if it can be done with minimal impact on the core XF attachment system, then I will probably do it. I am a bit hesitant tho as I am positive that major changes are coming to the core XF attachment system and I don't want to go to far off course knowing that I am going to have to make adjustments when xf 1.2.x comes out. It will be a heck of a lot easier to adjust without having to deal with customization's to core.

Marking this as future consideration due to the need to do R&D as well as wait and see whats up with xf 1.2.x

I agree! Just installed this as a garage on my site and one of the first things I was asked is how go add captions! Hehe. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Could probably look at how Chris does the captions in XMG has you have the ability to caption each individual image.

Could probably look at how Chris does the captions in XMG has you have the ability to caption each individual image.

Na, completely different architecture. Each image in his gallery is its own PAGE (the equivalent of an individual showcase item). What he is doing architecture wise is the same thing as I am doing by having a description field for a showcase item. If Showcase had ONE image, then I could do it by simply adding a image description field to the item table. There are MULTIPLE attachments associated to each event. The storage of each caption has to be associated with each individual image.

It will be interesting to see if he did captions for the User Albums (which would be the many to 1 architecture like showcase). I have a rough idea on how I want to do it, but was waiting to see if XF would add attachment descriptions in 1.2 (which they didn't). Im probably just going to have to do it myself :D

This is important to AMS as well. Most articles need image captions. Its standard in news articles around the net.

Back