• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Can I have "Node List Items" for every page, not just forum home.

ngokung

Showcase
Hello Bob,

I would like to ask if there is a way to make "node list items" to be shown in every page. I prefer to use this more than sidebar items. I would like to show items in grid mode.

or

Can you give me a suggestion to modify showcase template for Widget Framework to be shown as "grid" mode? This will be able to place eyecatching items on the top or bottom of the pages, rather than the ordinary items on the sidebar.

Last edited:
I would like to ask if there is a way to make "node list items" to be shown in every page. I prefer to use this more than sidebar items. I would like to show items in grid mode.
No. It is built specifically for Forum Home. It would require creating Controllers that extend each specific area. Also, it is built specifically based on the .js slider MODULAR View.

Can you give me a suggestion to modify showcase template for Widget Framework to be shown as "grid" mode? This will be able to place eyecatching items on the top or bottom of the pages, rather than the ordinary items on the sidebar.
Each Renderer that I include with showcase has its own template(s). I need to know which Renderer you are refering to and what Options you are wanting to use (as that drives which templates(s) are used). Also, which versions of Showcase are you asking about as there are two completely different GRID views (SC 2.1 series and the NEW SC 2.2.x series)

Each Renderer that I include with showcase has its own template(s). I need to know which Renderer you are refering to and what Options you are wanting to use (as that drives which templates(s) are used). Also, which versions of Showcase are you asking about as there are two completely different GRID views (SC 2.1 series and the NEW SC 2.2.x series)

Now, I'm using 2.1.1 because I saw that 2.2.0 is unsupported. In fact, I think the newer version would be better, as it will be used in the future.
In this case, should I upgrade to 2.2.0?

- I would like to make the every page in the forum show recent items. Just like free classified with thumbnails.
- In short, those who promote their items in showcase will have opportunities to show their product in every forum page.

Thumbnails from grid list like "node list items" in forum home can become more attractive.

I will be very please if you can give me some suggestions to make this type of grid list successfully.

Now, I'm using 2.1.1 because I saw that 2.2.0 is unsupported. In fact, I think the newer version would be better, as it will be used in the future.
In this case, should I upgrade to 2.2.0?
Several people are currently running SC 2.2.0 without any issues so far (0 bugs reported). I will be releasing Release Candidate 1 (unsupported) sometime this week. I will probably go through 2 RC's before declaring it stable.

I would like to make the every page in the forum show recent items. Just like free classified with thumbnails.

- In short, those who promote their items in showcase will have opportunities to show their product in every forum page.
This will require either a 3rd party addon like the [bd] widget framework along with a custom built Renderer OR customization to showcase. This is not something that can be done without programming (and a lot of it).

Thumbnails from grid list like "node list items" in forum home can become more attractive.

I will be very please if you can give me some suggestions to make this type of grid list successfully.
The NODE LIST ITEMS for Forum Home uses the MODULAR layout (which is a javascript slider with its own CSS/Layout Block). It has no association with the Grid View. There are 3 Layouts: Modular, Grid View and List View. Each of those layouts has it OWN "Block" to display an individual item. You can't take the Block from one layout and just pop it into another and expect it to work. That just is not how things work. Each layout has very specific CSS/HTML/JS associated with it. The MODULAR Block is specially built to work within bxSlider.

Back