• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Build separate thumbnails for showcase

Bob

Developer
Staff member
as per Mike

I told Chris Deeming this, but if you have content-specific thumbnails, you really should be building separate thumbnails. Attachment thumbnails are associated with the attachment data not the attachment itself. The attachment data is not content specific.

Storage of attachment thumbs for showcase will reside in /data/showcase/

A core xf attachment thumb will also be built and stored in /data/attachments

Showcase will make use of BOTH thumbnails (where appropriate).

The major reason for doing this is because core XF now has rebuild thumbnail functionality. This functionality rebuilds ALL thumbnails at the size specified for threads. Showcase has its own specific thumbnail size. By created thumbs for showcase, the core rebuild won't effect them. I will be adding functionality tho to rebuild showcase thumbs in case you want to change the size that showcase creates (this is obviously an advanced thing that you will have to ask me about).

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.