• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Article Management System Articles or Blogs?

craigForo

AMS Premium
What is the difference between the two on your test site??

I have the Articles n my site, but would make more sense if they were labeled Blogs. Is it possible to rename them? If so how without causing issues?

AMS = Article Management System. Its an addon that is designed for managing Articles.

An Article is NOT a "Blog". An Article is a piece of content where as a Blog is a CONTAINER (similar to a Category), that contains Blog Entries (which some people call articles). Blogs are either owned by a single individual and only that individual can post entries in that blog OR a Blog can be a community Blog, where the owner of the community blog can let all members, specific members or members of specific user groups post entries in that blog.

UBS = User Blog System, which is a BLOGGING PLATFORM designed for Forum Communities to let their users create their own Blogs (individual and community) and post Blog Entries within their Blogs. UBS is not an article system. UBS is based on the popular Journal Style architecture where the Blog owner decides what happens within their blog (where only they can post entries or whether they will allow others to also post entries, whether comments are allowed or not, whether ratings are allowed or not etc).

UBS is a PRIVATE addon, so I won't go into much more detail here. If you want more information on it, you can contact me privately.

I have the Articles n my site, but would make more sense if they were labeled Blogs. Is it possible to rename them? If so how without causing issues?
AMS is fully phrased. Changing phrases does not effect any functionality. You can use the XF route filters to change any of the AMS routes.

Thank you for the reply!

I wasn't sure if the two were the same and just labeled separately on your test site, or if in fact are separate apps. I am quite happy with my Articles App and understand the hierarchy of the two.

I will be renaming the navigation name and the page name from Article to blog since my site is basically my blog. :)

Reactions: Bob
I will be renaming the navigation name and the page name from Article to blog since my site is basically my blog. :)

Is this the same for route filters?

Looks like I want to rename navbar, page, latest articles module, and article statistics module only.

My index page is the Articles index page.

The default route for AMS is 'ams' (not articles). So you could create a route filter that changes the route ams/ with blog/ or blogs/

If you already have a route filter /ams that is changing it to articles/ , then simply edit that route and change articles/ to blog/ or blogs/

Note: Changing route filters AFTER you have a bunch of content indexed with the route filter in place, could result in 404's.

The default route for AMS is 'ams' (not articles). So you could create a route filter that changes the route ams/ with blog/ or blogs/

If you already have a route filter /ams that is changing it to articles/ , then simply edit that route and change articles/ to blog/ or blogs/

Note: Changing route filters AFTER you have a bunch of content indexed with the route filter in place, could result in 404's.

What would be an example of the Find route value?

Wouldn't it be better to edit the Phrase text of each AMS phrase?
I am confused, you asked me 2 questions pertaining to Route Filters (you brought up Route Filters, not me). Route Filters have nothing to do with editing phrases, so I am not even sure why you asked me about Route Filters in the first place, but you did lol. Just for get about ROUTE FILTERS as they have nothing to do with editing of phrases.

For those of you that don't know what Route Filters are, they are for changing ROUTES (which are part of Dynamic Links for URLs). Example, if you want to change the default AMS route from 'ams' to 'articles' so that AMS LINKS use the route 'articles' instead of 'ams', you'd create a route filter (which I showed you how to do only because you asked me how to do it lol).

Selection_914.png

As for editing phrases, AMS uses the Core XF Phrase System, so all AMS phrases are edited via the Core XF Phrase System.

Note: There are over 970 AMS phrases (at least 1/2 of those have the term "article" in the phrase, so you are going to have A LOT of editing of Phrases to do if you want to change them all.

Admin CP >> Appearance >> Languages >> English (US) >> set the Add-on drop down to 'Article Management System', which will filter the listing to only display AMS phrases (there are 970 of them). A lot of those are Phrases for Permissions, Options etc, which unless you are wanting to phrase the entire admin CP, you don't need to bother with.

If you use a combination of setting the Add-on (so it filters out all phrases except for the specific addon) AND user the list FILTER to FILTER the phrase list, you can find things a lot easier....

Example, here I've set the addon to AMS AND I am filtering the list by the Core XF navigation system prefix for all the Navigation Phrases, so the list is only displaying AMS navigation phrases :) Hint: the phrase 'nav.xa_ams' is for the Navigation Tab "Articles". All the rest pertain to sub navigation titles.

Selection_915.png

The XF Phrase System has a SEARCH (but not a search and replace), so you can search the Phrase System by the term 'article' and it will return a listing of 100's of phrases with the term article in them (which last count was over 500).

The thing that is lacking from the XF phrase system is being able to do Search AND Replace. That would save a ton of time.

Hope that helps :)

That did help, and I am sorry for the confusion I created (not you) in the beginning with Route Filters.

I did stumble across the ams Phrases and realized that was what I was looking for. It was about an hours worth of editing.

I just cannot find where to change these two titles.

about.PNG share.PNG

For the 1st block, there are 2 possible headers, each with its own phrase:
  • xa_ams_x_information
  • xa_ams_article_information
For the 2nd block, there are 2 possible headers, each with its own phrase:
  • xa_ams_share_this_x
  • xa_ams_share_this_article
The Headers for those blocks will use the Category Content Term when a Category Content Term is set, otherwise the block header will use the static phrase with the term article in it.

Back