• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented AMS index page type (Standard or Modular)

Bob

Developer
Staff member
I've added a new option to AMS that lets you choose whether to use the Standard Index or use the new Modular Index (which you build by yourself via adding widgets). Its so simple, a caveman can do it!

The new option is located in the General options (as shown below). Default is "Standard index page".

Selection_492.png

There are NO pre-configured widgets that use these new widget locations, so you will be starting out with a blank page (as shown below).

Selection_493.png

Im not going to teach you how to use the XenForo Widget System in this implemented suggestion thread as there are literally 1000's of individuals that can help you with that.

This is all done via creating widgets and choosing to display them on AMS modular index (either Main section or Sidebar).

So lets add a Widget to the AMS modular index page... I am going to add a featured articles grid to AMS Modular Index.

Note: You can add ANY Widget to AMS modular index, not just AMS widgets... ANY Widget in the XF Widget System.

You'll notice that AMS now has 2 NEW Widget Positions (AMS modular index: Main and AMS modular index: Sidebar). These 2 positions let you add ANY widget to the AMS Modular Index page.

Selection_500.png

And walla.... AMS Modular Index now has some content, a Featured Article Grid.

Selection_494.png

Here I've added another widget to display article from the Poetry category and have the widget configured to display the content in List View.

Selection_495.png

Here I've added yet another widget to display articles from the News category and have the widget configured to display the content in Grid View.

Selection_496.png

Here I've added yet another widget to display articles from the Technology category and have the widget configured to display the content in Article View.

Selection_497.png

Here you can see what the Modular Page is starting to look like.

Selection_498.png

As mentioned above, there are 2 Widget locations (Main and Sidebar)... so here is what it looks like when adding a few sidebar widgets.

Selection_499.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-2_10-23-29.gif
    upload_2019-4-2_10-23-29.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 3
  • Selection_492.png
    Selection_492.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Back