• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

AMS Help manual or how to guide

combatgamez

AMS Premium
LD Premium
Is there a help manual or how to guide in setting up and using AMS?

Thanks love the software :)

Is there a help manual or how to guide in setting up and using AMS?

Thanks love the software :)
Unfortunately, no. I just don't have the time required to do something like that. If I didn't have a full time job and a family, I could work on XenForo stuff 10-12 hours a day 7 days a week which would be plenty of time to spend 100's of hours writing documentation vs actually developing these addons.

If you have questions, just ask (either publicly in the support forums or via starting a conversation with me).

My suggestion is: learning by doing.

Just create a localhost setup and test it however you like it. This is how I do it.

Or on your live server, install the addon, go to user groups and give only the admin usergrous all privileges. So only it can see it and can do whatever he wants without a restriction.

Then test it like on the frontend and figure out which permission is for what etc and what you can do on the frontend. It is not rocket science, it takes like an hour at most to understand how everything works. Post example articles, play with the settings like grid view vs. list view etc.

Reactions: Bob
Learning by doing is the best advice i can give to you, for real.

And use some dummy articles to populate AMS, is nice to see how the things works out with then.

Unfortunately, no. I just don't have the time required to do something like that. If I didn't have a full time job and a family, I could work on XenForo stuff 10-12 hours a day 7 days a week which would be plenty of time to spend 100's of hours writing documentation vs actually developing these addons.

If you have questions, just ask (either publicly in the support forums or via starting a conversation with me).

I guess you value family and sleep and your happiness over your software. Good you should and props to you mate. Dont ever change that.

I will go and muddle my way through. :) (y)

p.s. it was just a question not a criticism..

Back