• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Alternate No image Placeholder

cdub

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
EMS Early Adopter
IMS Premium
LD Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
It'd be nice to have that image have some text on it saying "Please upload an image to associate with your item" on it. Phrase-able of course.

Otherwise if that is not possible then have the graphic file that has text that could say "Please upload an image"

Last edited by a moderator:
The slider isn't showing for me at all, its just empty.

btw, on the NO IMAGE placeholder image, you can replace the ones that I include and one that you want.

/styles/default/nflj/showcase/category_images/no_image.png (there is an alternate named no_image_alt.png). the iamge NEEDS to be named no_image.png (and it needs to be in png format).
Awesome. Good tip. That's an easy photo edit to do. :)

I know you took away the "image required" option when you made non-image files have the ability to be uploaded. But to solve this problem of users not posting images with their items and thus showing up poorly on the site... is it possible to add an "attachment required" option when you create an item?

I know you took away the "image required" option when you made non-image files have the ability to be uploaded. But to solve this problem of users not posting images with their items and thus showing up poorly on the site... is it possible to add an "attachment required" option when you create an item?

Attachments can be FILES or IMAGES. Requiring an ATTACHMENT won't solved anything, because that attachment doesn't NEED to be an IMAGE, it could be a TEXT file. THAT is why it was removed in the first place.

Requiring an ATTACHMENT won't solved anything, because that attachment doesn't NEED to be an IMAGE, it could be a TEXT file. THAT is why it was removed in the first place.

I know that it could be a text file... but I've removed the ability to upload text files or anything that's not an image on my install. If there is an option to make attachments required then people will be forced to upload an attachment with the item, and since the only file you can upload on my install is an image.. the problem would be solved.

Having an "attachment required" option won't necessarily solve the cover image problem in all use cases... but I think it would in a most of the use cases.

But also in the other use cases the "attachment required" option could be beneficial. For example, if someone is using Showcase so users can post zip files for software or whatnot, having the "attachment required' will remind users that they have to actually upload something to create an item.

Something to think about.

No, no its not. Your suggestion is asking me to put back into place exactly what was in place before hand and I am NOT doing that no matter how many times you ask.
Ok.

Back