• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] Allow user to set a Shortened URL for their item

Ludachris

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
This is something that I'd really like to allow users to do eventually - I want people to share their showcase items in signatures on other sites and in various other places on the web. I was even thinking about the idea of making it possible for users to create business cards for their showcase items with a link to their showcase that they can hand out at events for people to get more info on the car. The links can be pretty long though.

It would be great if there was a built-in feature that allowed the user to select a custom shortened item URL, similar to how Facebook does it for Pages (see attached). Maybe it would even drop the showcase directory in the URL so that it would be something like http://www.mysite.com/showcase-item-name.

Make it so that when they are choosing the name (actually typing it in the field) it auto checks to see if the name is available in order to be able to drop the item # in the URL.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-06-04 at 12.37.11 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-06-04 at 12.37.11 PM.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Back