• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

A RSS News Feed as new Item Field?

1im

Showcase
Not sure if this is possible (yet?) but here is what I am wanting to do:

I assume, it may be possible to hook into the "Register New Feed" feature of xenForo to display a URL entered when members add a new "Showcase Item" by entering a URL and then would then display the latest information from the rss feed on the "Showcase Item"..

feed on showcase items.png

I could only hope anyway =)

If not, then maybe this could be moved to the "Suggestions" area @Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im still not exactly sure what you are wanting. The example that you are using (the right image) creates individual threads for each feed item.

Im still not exactly sure what you are wanting. The example that you are using (the right image) creates individual threads for each feed item.

Looks like I used wrong reference. I think I ment to reference the RSS Feed feature in the "Widget Framework" mod. But since pictures are easier then explaining. I will do some text with referencing.

So when adding an item to showcase it would look like this:
.xml or .rss (prob just rss) lols

add_item.png

How the outcome would be: I got the words in the pictures so no need to explain.
feed on item.png

Possible ways to make it happen:

Add a new "Field Type?":
feed idea 01.png

or in the "Options for Text Fields"
Add "RSS Feed", would probably inherit the properties of "URL" Option

feed idea 02.png

For more flexibility
feed idea 03.png

Which would have options similar or exactly as the one below from Widget Framework:
feed options.png

I hope this is easier to understand now @Bob Explaining all that in words alone would have been more of a mess then it was already was trying to explain it to you.

Maybe I can just suggest this feature @Bob ? So I can see if its gonna be "Considered" or "Unconsidered" or "Not enough Interest" =)

Back