• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

You could quote only part of an article

urivil

AMS
Several users have commented that they are unable to quote part of an article when writing a comment on the article, so if you want to comment on a certain sentence from the article it is impossible.
You should enable the possibility of quoting certain words from the article, similar to the possibility of quoting part of each post.

Upvote 0
You should enable the possibility of quoting certain words from the article, similar to the possibility of quoting part of each post.
Fairly certain that the XenForo "Quotable interface" system only works within the same content type... eg, quoting a Post (content type 'post') to another Post or quoting an AMS comment (content type 'ams_comment') to another AMS comment.

Multi-Quote (which is part of the "Quotable interface" system) only works within the same content type as well.. eg, you can't multi-quote several posts and then add them to an XFMG comment, even tho XFMG's comments system uses the core XF quotable interface (go ahead and try it at XenForo.com).

With that said, I will leave this open so that I can look into it a bit deeper to see if there is a way to TRICK the system ;)

Hi, to my deep regret, I don't understand programming too much... but I understand enough to understand that it's a bit complicated to implement.
Of course, I would be happy if you manage to find a way to bypass the system, it's always welcome :)

Thank you very much for the detailed response

Reactions: Bob
hi bob how are you
Again want to point out to praise your plugin. It is of great value to my forum, and the users derive a lot of benefit from it.
With that said, I will leave this open so that I can look into it a bit deeper to see if there is a way to TRICK the system ;)
I wanted to ask again if you could take a look at it, the users really ask for the option to quote part of an article. In a rather long article, this is important so that it is clear which part of the article the comment is about.

Back