• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] Tab dropdowns for showcase items

Alpha1

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
EMS Early Adopter
IMS Premium
LD Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
To allow for more item tabs to be displayed in a nice way, please add tab drop downs.

For example: I would like to have 24 tabs, but that would be a mess. :eek:
If I could arrange those neatly under a few drop down tabs, then I just need to have 7 main tabs. And that would look much better.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Not sure about this one because of the combination of Tab Container (Tabs 1-5 and the Image Gallery) and tab navigation (Custom Field Tabs, User Reviews Tab and Discussion Tab). Can you point me to a site that has Tab CONTAINER functionality (not Tabbed Navigation) with Tab Drop downs that switch container content?

It would have to be a custom function. The problem with too many visible tab container tabs is something that pops up at various places in xenforo. For example on member profile where many addons add their own tab, which can lead to multiple rows of tabs. The same is true for showcase items if many tabs are needed. Tab dropdowns are the most elegant solution I can think of.

I am marking this not considered. This is something (for now) that you will have to pursue on your own. If core XF (or another solid developer) comes up with a better solution for Tabs, then I will consider it.

Fair enough.

Back