• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] Setting to automatically watch the discussion thread

Nobitakung

Showcase
In the user's alert preference page there are settings to alert when someone comment on the item, review the item, and more. I think it's good to add "someone post on the discussion thread" and have it default to checked. That means the item owner will automatically set to watch the discussion thread. I think if the item owner want to know if someone post comment on the item, s/he may also want to get alert when someone post on the thread too.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
No thank you. Discussion Threads already have the ability to be watched and they also have their own alert preferences. Showcase Alert Preferences are for showcase specific content types. An associated discussion thread is its OWN content type and has its own alert preferences.

I think it's good to add "someone post on the discussion thread" and have it default to checked. That means the item owner will automatically set to watch the discussion thread.
This is not true. Alert Preferences are purely to disable the receiving of an ALERT for a specific action. Having them enabled just means that if you ARE watching something, you will receive an alert. You still have to actually WATCH an ITEM or WATCH a THREAD or WATCH a RESOURCE (and in some cases where there are review and or comments systems, simply make a comment and you are auto watching that ITEM for new comments and new reviews).

Sounds to me that what you actually want is auto watching the associated discussion thread for the item owner when the Item is created. There is an existing suggestion about auto watching the associated discussion thread upon Item Create (would set the watch status of that thread for the item owner).

Sounds to me that what you actually want is auto watching the associated discussion thread for the item owner when the Item is created.

Yes that's what I meant actually.

Discussion Threads already have the ability to be watched and they also have their own alert preferences.

The associated discussion threads seem to fail to follow those preference settings. I set the thread owners to auto watch the threads by default. In the showcase the item owner will appear as the the owner of the discussion thread, but they don't auto watch the thread as expected.

There is an existing suggestion about auto watching the associated discussion thread upon Item Create (would set the watch status of that thread for the item owner).

Where is it, I've search the forum before create this thread but can't find it. Can you please point me to that information.

Last edited:
Back