• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] Navbar link to find (new comments)

Sadiq6210

Showcase
There is a sidebar for new comments which is very good feature, but it will show only last X comments, what about if the user need to see more? 5 or 10 recent comments sidebar is not enough for many users.

This feature is exist in xenforo forum, there is a sidebar for recent posts and a navbar link to view all the recent posts.

I prefer to add a new link in navbar

upload_2015-9-7_12-42-0.png

Maybe I am repeating this suggestion in a different ways but really my users are feeling pain to follow and find the new comments added to showcase. It is like a xenforo forum without (new posts) page, how difficult will be to read the new posts?

I wish you can do something with this @Bob

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Comments are NOT the same as a Discussion thread POST. You'd be better off using the Discussion Thread integration vs the light weight comments system. They are two totally different types of systems with different bits of functionality. If you WATCH an item, when people make a comment, you will receive an alert and or email (just like facebook or google plus). If your community isn't used to social networks way of doing things, then its best to use the Discussion Thread integration IMO. There is a reason why I have BOTH as options vs forcing one or the other.

Comments are NOT the same as a Discussion thread POST. You'd be better off using the Discussion Thread integration vs the light weight comments system. They are two totally different types of systems with different bits of functionality. If you WATCH an item, when people make a comment, you will receive an alert and or email (just like facebook or google plus). If your community isn't used to social networks way of doing things, then its best to use the Discussion Thread integration IMO. There is a reason why I have BOTH as options vs forcing one or the other.

As you know Bob I already imported +5200 comments from vBulletin and the comments system just fit with our requirements and the users feel comfortable with it.
I bought Showcase because it has same functionality comparing with vBA directory but with many improvements

I can see there is a sidebar for recent comments, therefore I imagine that it is not too difficult to add a search function for new comments
What do you think Bob? I will appreciate if you can add this.

What do you think Bob?
This has been suggested before and I've already turned it down. I am not going to add a complex Read Marking system to the existing light weight comments system. As I've explained to @alfa1 (who has been hounding me for some comments system adjustments to include read marking), I will be more than happy to look into it when it comes time for a Major re write (first point release) (XF 2.0 will require a major re write)

@Sadiq6210 This is actually rather easy to do yourself. Create a new widget page. Call it ShowCase Comments or something that will suit your site better.
Then add a new widget to it with the SC recent comments renderer. Use a high number of comments so that it nicely fits on a page. 50 would probably be good. Make the width and length of the widget large enough to fill the page.
The either use Siropu custom tabs addon to add a link to the navigation menu. Right where you want it. And then you have a link to the last 50 comments, which should give people more than enough to browse.

Back