• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Xenporta and home page options

RobEnthused

SC Premium
UBS Premium
I use xenporta 2 on XF 2.0. Are there any options to use xenporta 2 to promote showcase items and/or reviews to the home page? If not, what alternatives can you suggest for me to add content to my home page.

Also, are there sidebar widgets available? Thanks!

Are there any options to use xenporta 2 to promote showcase items and/or reviews to the home page?
If there are, they would have to be included with XenPorta (which I highly doubt there are any). Pretty sure you can add Widgets to XenPorta pages tho (and showcase comes with several widget definitions that allow you to create Showcase related widgets).

Also, are there sidebar widgets available?
Showcase includes 8 Widget definitions. These 8 definitions allow you to create dozens and dozens of different types of Widgets that display Showcase various types of showcase content (SC items, comments, reviews, Polls, Map, Stats etc.). Most definitions allow you to choose the display style, one of which is called "Simple", which is what you'd use to create a sidebar widget.

Note: You can create as many widgets from a single definition as you want/need (and place them anywhere that you want by simply choosing 1 or more widget positions). That is the beauty of the XF widget system.

Selection_645.png

Each definition has various options that let you create different types of widgets from a single definition.

Example.... lets look at the Showcase: Latest items Widget definition options. As you can see, there are several for this definition. Just look at the display style options alone. You can create a simple widget for displaying in a sidebar, you can create a widget that displays Showcase Items in a Carousel, a Grid etc.

Selection_646.png
Selection_647.png

Back