• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

What features are still to come?

mrb1972

Pick'em
Are you able to let us know what features are likely to be added/are planned in upcoming versions?

Obvioulsy we are getting feedback from members and suggestions, but I dont want to suggest things you may already have planned

thanks

Are you able to let us know what features are likely to be added/are planned in upcoming versions?

Obvioulsy we are getting feedback from members and suggestions, but I dont want to suggest things you may already have planned

thanks

More "statistical" type stuff... some individual stats that will be on the side bar of the "My Picks" view. Some more "leaderboard" related Stats. More advanced Ranking System. Weekly Tie Breaker type stuff (that plays in with the More Advanced Ranking System). Survival Pool Type. Some more administrative stuff. Some more Layout and CSS options. Those are just a few things off the top of my head. I am always open to suggestions.... if its a suggestion that I think would benefit the addon for the entire community, then it will most likely happen. If its a suggestion that takes away core functionality for which the addon was designed, I doubt it will happen lol

More "statistical" type stuff... some individual stats that will be on the side bar of the "My Picks" view. Some more "leaderboard" related Stats. More advanced Ranking System. Weekly Tie Breaker type stuff (that plays in with the More Advanced Ranking System). Survival Pool Type. Some more administrative stuff. Some more Layout and CSS options. Those are just a few things off the top of my head. I am always open to suggestions.... if its a suggestion that I think would benefit the addon for the entire community, then it will most likely happen. If its a suggestion that takes away core functionality for which the addon was designed, I doubt it will happen lol

Is there any news on the next update featuring some of the items listed above? Is its still being worked on?

Is there any news on the next update featuring some of the items listed above? Is its still being worked on?

Of course its being worked on. I just released Alerts for pickem a few weeks ago (which happened to be YOUR request). Everything that I mentioned is stuff that I want for my own sites use, so its going to be done. When? I don't know. All of it has been started, none of it is ready for release. Some of the functionality is close, others I am not happy with, so I need to rethink/reprogram. When something is ready and fully tested, I will release it. If there is something specific (like you wanted Alerts), let me know and I will see what I can do about maybe getting it out a little more early in a minor release than waiting for other stuff to be complete for a major release.

Of course its being worked on. I just released Alerts for pickem a few weeks ago (which happened to be YOUR request). Everything that I mentioned is stuff that I want for my own sites use, so its going to be done. When? I don't know. All of it has been started, none of it is ready for release. Some of the functionality is close, others I am not happy with, so I need to rethink/reprogram. When something is ready and fully tested, I will release it. If there is something specific (like you wanted Alerts), let me know and I will see what I can do about maybe getting it out a little more early in a minor release than waiting for other stuff to be complete for a major release.

Just what you mentioned really, sidebar widgets etc current leader board etc, also the scoring system change option I mentioned for the draw game would be great if it could be done - 1pt for home win, 2pt for draw , 3pt for away win -

Its going to be awhile before ALL are done. If you want me to put a higher priority on 1 or 2 of them to get a couple out sooner, then feel free to let me know.

Its going to be awhile before ALL are done. If you want me to put a higher priority on 1 or 2 of them to get a couple out sooner, then feel free to let me know.

Leaderboard sidebar widget and the scoring system option would be my main features - (im not even sure if the scoring system is even a possibility though)

okies... will put top priority on the sidebar stuff for Draw Pools. I'll let you know on the scoring. Might have to make a new pool type for that (or might be able to make a scoring type option). won't know until I really take some time to dig.

okies... will put top priority on the sidebar stuff for Draw Pools. I'll let you know on the scoring. Might have to make a new pool type for that (or might be able to make a scoring type option). won't know until I really take some time to dig.

if you could make it part of xfrocks widget framework too that would be great...

In an ideal world the scoring option would be an option on the current draw game, but either way I think it would make the draw game much more interesting and tactical

no, I can't make it part of the widget framework, that is not how it works. Widgets for the [bd] Widget Framework have to be built from the ground up and only pertain to the widget framework. I will at some point try and come up with some renderers as I'd like to use them myself (both Leaderboard and Pick/Game distros).

I agree with you. Can work for regular as well.. 1 point for correct home win and 2 for correct road win. anyway... working on your pick/game distro's right now, so let me work lol :p

Leaderboard sidebar widget....

Almost got this ready to roll out. Had to do some major revisions (Code, Table structure etc). Its now one single module that works with all pool types (Regular, Draw and Spread). I got rid of the old single Picks Distribution Module and Game Distribution Module in favor of ONE Pick Distribution Module that breaks out each game/match (similar to the old Game Distribution module) cept that it includes "Draw" data for Draw Pools. Also cut down on a bunch of queries by adding new fields to the games table that store count info that are managed by the picks DataWriter (which is also new). blah blah blah.... I know you don't want the technical mumbo jumbo... just gimmie the damn update already right? :D

Testing is going well. The next HUGE step is writing the upgrade for this as its pretty involved with table changes (structure, schema etc) as well as needing to query existing data to populate the new "count" fields needed for the distribution stuff to work properly for everything "pre" upgrade... working on that query nightmare tonight.

Anyway.... just wanted to give you a status update so you don't think I forgot you :p

Almost got this ready to roll out. Had to do some major revisions (Code, Table structure etc). Its now one single module that works with all pool types (Regular, Draw and Spread). I got rid of the old single Picks Distribution Module and Game Distribution Module in favor of ONE Pick Distribution Module that breaks out each game/match (similar to the old Game Distribution module) cept that it includes "Draw" data for Draw Pools. Also cut down on a bunch of queries by adding new fields to the games table that store count info that are managed by the picks DataWriter (which is also new). blah blah blah.... I know you don't want the technical mumbo jumbo... just gimmie the damn update already right? :D

Testing is going well. The next HUGE step is writing the upgrade for this as its pretty involved with table changes (structure, schema etc) as well as needing to query existing data to populate the new "count" fields needed for the distribution stuff to work properly for everything "pre" upgrade... working on that query nightmare tonight.

Anyway.... just wanted to give you a status update so you don't think I forgot you :p

That all sounds great, thanks for the update

That all sounds great, thanks for the update

good news is, all my initial upgrade tests have all passed so far. The upgrade makes the correct DB changes as well as correctly populates the new game table fields with data based on all the historic data in the pick table which in turn enables the new pick distribution modules for all past games. Baring something that I am overlooking, I should have a release out soon (could be as early as today, but not be until tomorrow).

good news is, all my initial upgrade tests have all passed so far. The upgrade makes the correct DB changes as well as correctly populates the new game table fields with data based on all the historic data in the pick table which in turn enables the new pick distribution modules for all past games. Baring something that I am overlooking, I should have a release out soon (could be as early as today, but not be until tomorrow).

Update done all went fine - no issues - good job , thanks

Reactions: Bob
Working on a couple Renderers for the [bd] Widget Framework.... in theory (as I am just now working on them) you will be able to do multiple things with each renderer... lemme explain..

Leaderboard Renderer: Default settings for this would work based of WHO you are (permission to view pickem), the pool that you have set to default and the current week as determined by the system. It is tabbed with both Overall and Current Week. There will also be an option to enter a Pool ID. When you enter a Pool ID, the same permissions apply to who can see it (ie, view pickem), however, instead of using the viewing users default pool setting, it uses the Pool ID to grab data. This gives you one module that has multiple purposes (and as you know, you can use the same module more than once on the same page). I am also building in a LIMIT option so that you can limit the results returned (so it can be like a top 10 leaderboard instead of return 250 results lol)

Pick Distribution Renderer: Pretty much the same as above, cept it won't have a results limit as it needs to display all the games/matches.

Really pleased with the recent updates on this add-on, I was just curious if you had the chance to investigate the idea we had of changing or the option to change the point scoring system?

Yes, and its going to require some extensive code refactoring however. I probably won't start R&D until sometime after the first of the year, but I have decided to do it as I've had multiple inquiries about it.

Yes, and its going to require some extensive code refactoring however. I probably won't start R&D until sometime after the first of the year, but I have decided to do it as I've had multiple inquiries about it.

That's good news, I think it will be a great addition to the game

Just letting you know that I HAVE started on the refactoring. Gunna take me awhile, but it will be worth it in the end :) If you have thought of anything else that kinda goes hand in hand with this, please let me know ASAP!

Back