1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Updated Very Low Priority: AMS FontAwesome Icon in Admin CP

Discussion in 'AMS Resolved Bug Reports' started by frm, Dec 17, 2018.

1. frm

frm New Member AMS Premium CAS Premium RMS Premium SC Premium

XenForo Version String: XenForo 2.1.0 Beta 5
    Addon Version String: AMS 2.0.0
    Stack Trace: N/A
    Can you reproduce it here? No
    Must be able to reproduce on the Default XenForo Style.

FontAwesome of the newspaper isn't showing next to AMS in the admin control panel.

This is being used (FA v4.2):
    This will solve the problem (FA v5):
    For those with OCD like me, until fixed, here's a workaround:
    Code:
    cd /src/addons/XenAddons/AMS/_data
    cp admin_navigation.xml admin_navigation.xml-backup
    Find:
    In
    Replace with:
    In the admin CP, Go to Addons > Click the settings button for AMS > Rebuild > Agree to the warnings > Click rebuild. You will now have a newspaper icon next to the AWS menu in the Admin CP.

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

This has already been implemented in the XF 2.1 version of AMS (AMS 2.1.0 Beta 1).

frm likes this.
  3. frm

The joys of beta testing. :)

Bob likes this.
  4. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

If you run into any other XF 2.1 issue, let me know. So far the only things I've come across are FontAwesome related.

5. frm

Yeah. FA is horrible as they keep updating and adding new icons that I'd like to add to any CMS, but it's so difficult to update on its own without ruining the core of the CMS' support (for instance v4 in WordPress and removing it to add v5 just for v5.0.13 to come out and have a new icon and then having to edit all v4 out or make it backward compatible)... argh. I requested XF to look into 5.0.16 as I like the "blog" icon.

But, I'm doing this all in "production" on 2.1 so if I come across any minor (and major) errors, I'll be sure to report for better releases.

Gotta say that your addon was seamless to install from the zip through the CP. I tried one or two others that I had to do the old fashion way. Kudos there.

Bob likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.