• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Using a form to populate a tab

The Sandman

Sorry if I missed this elsewhere - is there a way to create a form (similar in concept to the form used to generate a review) to populate other tabs? :)

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. :)

Let's say I want my members to create a showcase for their own forum website. Under the General Information tab I'd like them to add certain specific information, say:
  • Forum Topic:
  • Forum Software:
  • Forum Statistics:
  • Etc.
How can I create a form which captures this information and enters it into the tab with proper formatting - like for example the review functionality in the standard Showcase featureset.

Create Showcase Custom Fields for that.

Admin CP >> Applications >> Showcase >> Custom Fields

Click on + Create New Field

Enter a Field ID, Title and Description.

Choose which showcase categories that this field will be used with

Choose the display location (Sidebar Module, Tab 1, Tab 2, Tab 3, Tab 4, Tab 5 or self placement) Tabs 1-5 match up with the Tabs for each specific category

Choose the order for the display

Choose the Type of input Field you want the data entered in..

Add the field options (depends on the field type you choose)

Hit SAVE Field.

Now go to your Item, EDIT the item and your custom field will display above the content editor for the Tab you choose.

Add content to that custom field

Hit SAVE

And now that content will display for the item.

tiphat.gif

Back