• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Upgrade Tip

Micky

Showcase
Hello, I want to upgrade Showcase from version 2.7.1 to 3.1.6. Version 2.7.1 has been disabled for a long time until now, what is the best way to upgrade without losing an item? Last Showcase was installed in Xenforo 1.4 and now it should run in Xenforo 2.12.

The answer depends on what version of XF you are currently running.

If you are still on XF1 and have not yet upgraded to XF2, I'd advise upgrading both XF and Showcase to the latest XF1 versions of those addons, then upgrading XF1 to the latest version of XF 2.1.2, then upgrading Showcase to SC 3.1.6.

If you have already upgraded to XF2, the only option is to upgrade Showcase to SC 3.1.6 as you can't upgrade it to an XF1 version.

Hope that makes sense?

Hello Bob, I have Xenforo 2.12 running and I know that I need to upgrade Showcase 3.16. But what I want to know, what is the best way to do it? Backup of the database is clear, old software is still on the server.
And what do I do best when everything is installed? Have data cleaned up?

Hello Bob, I have Xenforo 2.12 running and I know that I need to upgrade Showcase 3.16. But what I want to know, what is the best way to do it? Backup of the database is clear, old software is still on the server.
And what do I do best when everything is installed? Have data cleaned up?
There is nothing special that you need to do beyond backing your site up (both File System and DB). That should be standard practice.

Since you have already upgraded to XF2 and are running XF 2.1.x, Showcase will be listed in the LEGACY ADDONS (which is a special status for XF1 addons that are awaiting upgrade to XF2 versions).

Since you are on XF 2.1, you will need to download the XF 2.1 compatible version of Showcase, which would be any of the SC 3.1.x versions. SC 3.1.6 is the latest in the 3.1 series, so its recommended to use that one.

Once you upload the SC 3.1.6 files to the server, Showcase will move from Legacy Addons to Upgradable Addons, in which at that time, you run the upgrade.

=================================

Another tip... there are several POST upgrade steps that you need to perform after upgrading to the XF2 version of showcase.

Most important are permissions as the XF2 version of Showcase has a complete new set of permissions (most of which are not set), so setting Showcase Permissions for each User Group is something you want to do before anything else.

2nd most important is to run the cache rebuilds for Showcase (this is standard practice when doing a major upgrade).

Next is going through the Options (both Global Options and Per Category Options). All of the options are new and will be set to their default settings (which works for most people, but definitely should go through them so you know what options there are in SC 3.1 as well as making any adjustments you want.

Once all of that is done, check the frontend to make sure everything is working.

If anything goes wrong, just get ahold of me so I can help out :)

Back