• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Timestamp for posts

hollosch

AMS Premium
UBS Premium
Hi,
is it possible to set a timestamp for posts?
Because i want to "import" posts from a blog, and these posts should be chronical correct...

What do you mean by "posts"? Are you asking about COMMENTS? Every "date" field in showcase use standard unix timestamp so if the data stored for your blog is in unix timestamp format, you won't have any problems. If its not, then it will have to be converted to standard unix timestamp. If there is just cronological data with no unix timestamp, then you can set one during import as long as you import oldest to newest.

No, the main-showcase-entries!
I would like to use showcase as an blog-solution.
I have entries from 2014 and older and want to post them in the showcase with these dates.

And the "import" is to create manual new content from the blog ;-)

Same thing applies. all DATE fields in showcase (and throughout XenForo) are stored as Unix Timestamps, so that won't be an issue for you.

Have you started on it yet? and are you in a huge hurry? If not, you might want to think about swapping Showcase for AMS (Article Management System). Its much better suited for use as a BLOG. Just want to give you a heads up before you spend a lot of time when a better Addon is very close to being available.

How long is "very close" and is this a problem to swap to this new addon without paying both ?
There is no set date. My PLAN (and plans change) is to let SELECT individuals have early access within the next 3-4 weeks (some maybe even sooner). As far as swapping out, not a problem.

Ok, and where can i find this ?
There is no Developer Documentation if that is what you are after. The quickest way that I can think of that you can do is to look at the POST and THREAD tables and you will see that the DATE fields are stored in INT (10) fields. THEN, you look at the DataWriters and can see that DATE related data is being stored as a UNIX TIMESTAMP (which is pretty much an industry standard). You can also do a quick search with your IDE on a specific date field (like create_date) and check out the methods inside the Controllers and Models. Its pretty basic. Mostly just read and set. Template Helpers convert raw UNIX Timestamp values to human readable formatted data (which also converts based on users location (timezone).

There is no set date. My PLAN (and plans change) is to let SELECT individuals have early access within the next 3-4 weeks (some maybe even sooner). As far as swapping out, not a problem.

This sounds good - i am very interested in an early access and test this!

Do you think i shouldn't create content in showcase as long as the new addon (AMS) is ready or can this be "imported"
Thats up to you. I can't make a promise of a DATE for release of AMS, all I can say is that its close to where I will be releasing to more people (not publicly tho). Also, there is no importer from Showcase to AMS. Have not even got to that point yet and won't unless there is a very large demand for it. If you KNOW what you are doing, you should be able to import from Showcase to AMS manually without much problem.

Back