• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] The same field in different positions in different categories

Dadparvar

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Hi,

we have lots of custom item fields. (For example: mobile, site, email, address, facebook, twitter, state, city,)
They should be required in category A and would be optional in category B.
Also they are in tab2 in category A and we want to show some of them in Tab3 in category B and some of them in tab2 of category B.

How can I do it now (if it is possible)?
(I think now we should duplicate some of them and just change their location and status. Am I right? If yes, will you do in future to give us more freedom to control location and status of fields smarter?)
Because otherwise, we will have lots of custom fields that are repeated and no neat. Also controlling them will be hard.

Regards

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
They should be required in category A and would be optional in category B.
That requires separate fields.

Also they are in tab2 in category A and we want to show some of them in Tab3 in category B and some of them in tab2 of category B.
again, that requires separate fields.

How can I do it now (if it is possible)?
If you don't know how to program, you can hire a developer to create an addon to showcase that would actually add most of what you are doing via custom fields, right into the item architecture itself. Custom Fields are not designed to replace having custom development done. They are for low level non complex display data purposes only. Even tho you can add 1000's of fields, its not intended for massive use like that. If you have a need for THAT MUCH, then you really should be having a Bespoke CMS developed for you.

give us more freedom to control location and status of fields
I give admins more freedom with Custom Fields than ANY other addon developed (to include core xenforo). You can use SELF PLACEMENT fields for putting them in exact spots that you want on an item (not only in the item, but in listings as well). You can also manually place ANY Showcase custom field in the same way as you can self placement fields (this is great for displaying the same data in multiple locations). Its an advanced level customization (and by that, you need to know how to edit templates and how to use helpers and xen template syntax).

Back