• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Fixed Tabs disappear on own tab view

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Birch

AMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
When using the Custom User Fields to make there own tab, when you view that tab on the item page, the tabs 2 to 5 disappear, even know the template nflj_showcase_item_field seems to hold the code to display them.

PHP:
<ul class="tabs showcaseTabs">
            <li class="scTab1"><a href="{xen:link showcase, $item}">{$category.tab1_name}</a></li>
            <xen:if is="{$category.tab2_name} && ({$t2.hasContent} || {$t2.hasCustomFieldContent})">   
                <li class="scTab2"><a href="{xen:link showcase, $item}#tab2">{$category.tab2_name}</a></li>
            </xen:if>       
            <xen:if is="{$category.tab3_name}  && ({$t3.hasContent} || {$t3.hasCustomFieldContent})">       
                <li class="scTab3"><a href="{xen:link showcase, $item}#tab3">{$category.tab3_name}</a></li>
            <xen:if is="{$category.tab4_name}  && ({$t4.hasContent} || {$t4.hasCustomFieldContent})">
                <li class="scTab4"><a href="{xen:link showcase, $item}#tab4">{$category.tab4_name}</a></li>
            <xen:if is="{$category.tab5_name}  && ({$t5.hasContent} || {$t5.hasCustomFieldContent})">
                <li class="scTab5"><a href="{xen:link showcase, $item}#tab5">{$category.tab5_name}</a></li>
            <xen:if is="{$item.attach_count} && !{$item.displayGalleryT1}">
                <li class="scTabImages"><a href="{xen:link showcase, $item}#timages">{xen:phrase nflj_showcase_image_gallery}</a></li>
            <!-- slot: scItemTabs1 -->
            <xen:if is="{$item.customFieldTabs}">
                <xen:foreach loop="{$item.customFieldTabs}" value="$_fieldId">
                    <li class="showcaseTabExtra scTabField-{$fieldId} {xen:if '{$selectedTab} == "field_{$_fieldId}"', active}">
                        <a href="{xen:link showcase/field, $item, 'field={$_fieldId}'}">{xen:helper showcaseFieldTitle, $_fieldId}</a>
                    </li>
                </xen:foreach>
            <!-- slot: scItemTabs2 -->
            <xen:if is="{$item.review_count}">
                <li class="scTabReview"><a href="{xen:link showcase/reviews, $item}">{xen:phrase nflj_showcase_reviews} ({$item.review_count})</a></li>
            <!-- slot: scItemTabs3 -->           
            <xen:if is="{$thread}">
                <li class="scTabDiscussion"><a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}">{xen:phrase nflj_showcase_discussion} ({xen:number $thread.reply_count})</a></li>
            <!-- slot: scItemTabs4 -->           
        </ul>

Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 10.57.10.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 11.03.26.png

I can't seem to be able to reproduce this.

This item here in the demo has item tabs and a custom field tab: http://addons.nfljunkies.com/showcase/1969-boss-429.2/

Technical Specs and Time Slips are part of the tabs 2-5. The FAQs tab is a custom field "Own Tab". When you click on the FAQ's tab, the 2-5 tabs still display.

Is this isolated to a particular style?

Is it happening with the default style?

Have tried on the default style also, same problem. I'm going try turning off add-on's one by one to see if any are making the error with it, because its clear the codes in the template.

Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 19.21.55.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 19.22.08.png

Whats odd is that the image gallery tab is displaying and that is part of the tabs 1-5 (which is a tab container).

You have any CODE modifications to showcase?

I have found the problem, its because them tabs, only make use of custom fields and not the editor.

So if you have "Enable Editor" unticked. The tabs don't show even if they have custom fields with data filled in.
Also if you have "Enable Editor" ticked, but no data in the editor box then again that tab will not show.

All tabs show fine when viewing discussion tab btw.

Can you test this really quick..

in the template above, find these
{$t2.hasCustomFieldContent}
{$t3.hasCustomFieldContent}
{$t4.hasCustomFieldContent}
{$t5.hasCustomFieldContent}

change those to
{$item.tab2_hasFieldContent}
{$item.tab3_hasFieldContent}
{$item.tab4_hasFieldContent}
{$item.tab5_hasFieldContent}

Can you test this really quick..

in the template above, find these
{$t2.hasCustomFieldContent}
{$t3.hasCustomFieldContent}
{$t4.hasCustomFieldContent}
{$t5.hasCustomFieldContent}

change those to
{$item.tab2_hasFieldContent}
{$item.tab3_hasFieldContent}
{$item.tab4_hasFieldContent}
{$item.tab5_hasFieldContent}
That fixed it :)

Reactions: Bob
You'll have to do the same to the nflj_showcase_reviews template as well (unless you don't use the User Reviews functionality).

Made the same edits to that template also, thanks.

Completely forgot to apply that when I made the CODE changes. I modified the ITEM template and the Discussion Thread Template, just not the other two (and they are all slightly different, so I can't use one for all of them).

It's one of them little things that is easy to miss, i mean its been tested and tested and i have only just spotted it and thats only because i have been doing style edits as to why i spotted it.

Reactions: Bob
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back