• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Switch off rating altogether for certain categories?

Stuart Wright

AMS
Showcase
Hi Bob,
we have a category in which rating is not appropriate.
Could I request that ratings could be disabled for certain categories please?

Reactions: Bob
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Marked as 'Partially Implemented' as all the coding is done and tested. Still tweaking things a bit (mainly Template stuff like removing stars from Blocks, Modules, Layouts etc as well as thing like hiding Reviews Tab when Category is set No Ratings (will hide existing ones if you change an existing category to no ratings and have items that have been rated). Also removing things like Reviews and Rate stats from quick stats on cats with no ratings.

Along with this, I modified the "Top Rated" listings to now only pull items that 1) have at least 1 vote and 2) are in a category that allows Rating and Reviews. Was driving me nuts having a Top Rated tab displaying items that have not even been rated! On a Category that has Ratings disabled, the Top Rated sorting tab (In List and Grid views) will still display as there could be items in sub categories that are allowed to be rated and there for need to be displayed as they are within the hierarchy.

The one downside to this is that when removing the ratings (the stars) for categories that don't allow ratings, they look a tad bit odd intermixed with others (like on the Index and Root Category listings. I'd rather they NOT display stars tho as if I kept the empty stars, people would assume that item could be rated. Without stars, they should get a clear hint that the item can't not be rated.

Last edited:
Not the first time I have experienced something which is easier said than done.
Thanks for the hard work on this and I'm looking forward to seeing it in action.

Not the first time I have experienced something which is easier said than done.
Thanks for the hard work on this and I'm looking forward to seeing it in action.

Shooting for a release this week for the things marked as Implemented. Just need to go through my normal internal testing & external testing routines.

Shooting for a release this week for the things marked as Implemented. Just need to go through my normal internal testing & external testing routines.
I'm off work all next week ;)

Back