• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Sidebar on all tabs

Eric

AMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Is it possible to display the sidebar (and maybe the share links) on all the tabs of an item in Showcase? I am probably just not seeing the option in the settings somewhere.

Sidebar on Overview Tab
upload_2020-5-28_12-34-7.png

On another tab we don't have the Sidebar so everything moves over some:
upload_2020-5-28_12-34-44.png

For the share links, or just spacing in general at the bottom
Overview Tab, you can see some space between the breadcrumb & bottom of the item page:
upload_2020-5-28_12-38-18.png

Other tabs, no space so the fields overlap a bit:
upload_2020-5-28_12-39-7.png

This is probably just a tweak needed to the templates, not sure if the templates for my style, or for SC though

Last edited:
You can edit any xenforo template and add a xf sidebar via using the xf:sidebar template syntax. That isn't the issue tho.

The issue you'd face is that most of the sidebar blocks on the overview page depend on data being fetched by the actionView in the Showcase Item Controller (which is only for the overview page). Other pages (Custom Field tabs, Reviews, Gallery, Map etc) each have their own action in the controller (actionField, actionMap, actionGallery, actionReviews etc) that only fetch data pertaining to that specific page. You'd have to heavily modify several actions in the Showcase Item controller (adding all of the fetching from the actionView method) so that the data required by most of those sidebar blocks is sent to the template. Its a fairly significant customization.

With that said, if you only need the SHARE BLOCK, that is a Core XF Macro that you can add to any page (doesn't have to be in the sidebar, it can be displayed pretty much anywhere).

What blocks are you mainly concerned with? I can let you know if its possible to include them without programming.

For the Sidebar I'm looking for the Item specific blocks, but if that requires rather heavy modification, then I can live without it. This was something which was nice to have in SC 2

The main thing I need is the spacing at the bottom of the item page. I'm sure i could add it to my base templates, but I'm not sure if it would throw off the rest of the site.

For the Sidebar I'm looking for the Item specific blocks, but if that requires rather heavy modification, then I can live without it. This was something which was nice to have in SC 2
The Item Information block SHOULD work. The "More in and More from" will NOT work without programming (as the action does not fetch that data). The 'Join discussion" MIGHT work (might add an additional query). The Share block should work, except its going to share the PAGE taht its on, not the link to the Showcase Item (so if you are viewing a custom field tab, the share would link to that page, not to the Overview). That would greatly effect the ability to share on sites like Facebook and Twitter, because there is no ld-json being provided for sub pages.

The main thing I need is the spacing at the bottom of the item page. I'm sure i could add it to my base templates, but I'm not sure if it would throw off the rest of the site.
Use an inspect tool to see what elements are available in the location that you are needing some additional spacing, then use one of those classes in Extra.css to add some padding (top or bottom).

The Item Information block SHOULD work. The "More in and More from" will NOT work without programming (as the action does not fetch that data). The 'Join discussion" MIGHT work (might add an additional query). The Share block should work, except its going to share the PAGE taht its on, not the link to the Showcase Item (so if you are viewing a custom field tab, the share would link to that page, not to the Overview). That would greatly effect the ability to share on sites like Facebook and Twitter, because there is no ld-json being provided for sub pages.

This is all I'm looking for, the join discussion & More... I don't need.

Use an inspect tool to see what elements are available in the location that you are needing some additional spacing, then use one of those classes in Extra.css to add some padding (top or bottom).

I starting looking more and it is my style for sure, as I am now seeing it on all the pages.
EDIT: Ok fixed this spacing :) Now to check on adding the sidebar.

Last edited:
You'll need to bump this again late Fri/early Sat to remind me or I will forget (maybe even start a conversation about it).

Back